People that annoy me

Day

On 16 November 2015 10:31:38, AndyinLiverpool said:

People who stop before stepping on to an escalator.

People in the street who just stop.

People who stand on my doorstep and try to guilt me into donating to the charity that employs them.

People at the checkout who wait to find out the total before getting their wallets out.

People who pay for a newspaper with their card, so making everyone else wait longer.

People who deliberate over which scratch cards to buy.

People on trains and buses who block the way so you can't get through.

People in front of me in queues.

People in shops.

People who phone me up.

I have probably missed some out. Just people really.

People in a hurry

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. People who walk in groups really slowly in front of you

2. People who listen to music out-loud on public transport

3. People who suddenly become politicians as soon as a world issue arises

4. People who can sail through anything without really making any effort

5. People who don't thank, or even acknowledge you when you do something for them, be it customer service or holding a door open.

6. People who make lists.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

People who don't indicate, people who walk in the street and then just stop, people who drive in the fast lane a good 20km/h under the limit, people who abandon cats/dogs, people who dump litter, people who spit gum on the floor, people who lean against my car, people who don't say thankyou when I hold the door open for them, people who go out at night with the sole purpose of looking for a fight, people who steal from others (even little things) without any thought of how much that action could harm/damage/upset the victim, people who work for banks and constantly call me trying to sign me up to insuraces/credit cards etc,

I think most of all though, people without ambition especially in underdeveloped countries. I know far too many people content with poverty, putting no pressure on the government to actually improve city infrastructure among so much more.

Would have been easier to say what you do like :D

People who talk for talking sake, particularly in a meeting when they spend five minutes not making a relevant point whilst everyone politely bears it.

People who check Facebook/Twitter in a social setting. 

People who don't look at you when you are having a conversation.  

People who needlessly and barefacedly 'spin' things to you, when you'd really either have to be 8 years old or mentally impaired to swallow it.    

The noise of masticating - any capacity. 

People who don't have/can't form opinions, and just regurgitate news as if they've conjured it up as a theory. 

On 11/18/2015, 2:17:00, Mostyn6 said:

a weird one, that leaves me open to ridicule at work.

I hate when people use the microwave, set the timer, then open the microwave and remove their food before the timer is finished, THEN, and this is the bit that annoys me, they leave the remaining time on the clock, without cancelling it..

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

The thing is, I have NEVER used the microwaves here at work, yet find myself cancelling the timers and shutting the doors frequently.

I don't think I've ever agreed with anything you've said on this forum more.

The full timer on a microwave should ALWAYS be observed, and its sanctity should only be disturbed in cases of emergency.

Also my housemate last year, after two months of living in the house, asked me to give the landlord a buzz to ask why the microwave was taking "literally forever" to heat anything up and to ask him to fix it.

I thought this was strange as I'd never had any problems, and I asked her to show me what she was doing. It turns out the dozey moose had been defrosting all her food from September to November ffs.

What is it about microwaves that can turn incredibly intelligent people into absolute ******?

On 18 November 2015 23:01:57, uttoxram75 said:

Grown men who watch pisspoor talentless so-called celebrities poncing about in a plastic jungle having the pish taken out of them by two ridiculously punchable  soft Geordie lads.

Watched it last night for the first time in ages. Eubank had me in fits, always been a hero of mine, if ever a man does what he wants without a care in the world it's him. 

On Mon Nov 16 2015 10:31:38 GMT+0000, AndyinLiverpool said:

People who stop before stepping on to an escalator.

People who don't understand the problems of wearing varifocals. (You will discover this if you ever get old. ;) )

People who think their texts are more important than what someone is doing in the real world.

People who shop on ebay and expect good service. 

People who use words to indicate they value what you just said when they actually don't. So saying things like Absolutely! Fantastic! Perfect! After everything you say. It just means they can't think of anything to say and probably haven't been listening, but they want to make it sound as though they agree with everything you say. 

Basically any any form of insincerity like that , I just can't stand it. 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

People who use words to indicate they value what you just said when they actually don't. So saying things like Absolutely! Fantastic! Perfect! After everything you say. It just means they can't think of anything to say and probably haven't been listening, but they want to make it sound as though they agree with everything you say. 

Basically any any form of insincerity like that , I just can't stand it. 

couldn't agree more ..

People who are always late. Its them saying their time is more important than mine.

Poorly trained service industry staff - not their fault mostly kids thrown in the deepend..if you are going to send someone to take my order at the table make sure they A) - Have some idea what is in each dish, B) - Know what the soup/dish of the day is C) - Tell you what they have run out of, or running low on when they give you the menu, not after you place your order D) - Ask what sauce I want BEFORE you bring my food not after, and if you do do it after be quick about it E) If your'e bar staff try and make sure you serve people in the order they arrive at the bar (sub point here - if you arrive at the bar after someone be polite enough to wait your turn)

1 hour ago, angieram said:

People who don't understand the problems of wearing varifocals. (You will discover this if you ever get old. ;) )

People who think their texts are more important than what someone is doing in the real world.

People who shop on ebay and expect good service. 

I wear varifocals but have never thought an escalator was going to chew me up. 

drivers who a) race to squeeze their car into a gap in front of you in heavyful traffic, probably only reaching their ultimate destination a second earlier as a result, but forcing me to slam on brakes to avoid a crash, and then even more annoyingly, when they b) flash their hazards for a second or two to indicate their appreciation of your kind act of not crashing into them.

Wonkers!

Archived