Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Chris Mills

5 minutes ago, ValeRam said:

Its all right loads of people gripping at over-reaction and 'its just a one-off'.

Cant speak for all the others appalled by friday night's  performance but for me the worrying thing was that, yet again, we had failed to turn up for a big game. I for one had hoped that the new regime would mean that the abject run-in last year was a thing of the past. 

But it seems not. This game seemed exactly like one of those at the end of last season. All hope and no content.

Winning at MK Dons, Preston and Huddersfield is all fine and dandy. Ten game unbeaten runs against teams who won't be challenging at the end of the season is very laudable. But they are not the real competition.

On the basis of friday it is clear that we have absolutely no chance of going up whatsoever - as ever, we cannot raise our game when it matters.

Oh dear!! If at the end of December we have been on a terrible run maybe you will have something to worry about, but after one game?? :unsure:

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ValeRam said:

Its all right loads of people gripping at over-reaction and 'its just a one-off'.

Cant speak for all the others appalled by friday night's  performance but for me the worrying thing was that, yet again, we had failed to turn up for a big game. I for one had hoped that the new regime would mean that the abject run-in last year was a thing of the past. 

But it seems not. This game seemed exactly like one of those at the end of last season. All hope and no content.

Winning at MK Dons, Preston and Huddersfield is all fine and dandy. Ten game unbeaten runs against teams who won't be challenging at the end of the season is very laudable. But they are not the real competition.

On the basis of friday it is clear that we have absolutely no chance of going up whatsoever - as ever, we cannot raise our game when it matters.

How many games have you been to watch this season to conclude this opinion?

We need to stay positive the fans and the team only 2 defeats in sixteen this season tells me the complete opposite and admittedly I have not been to every match,been to twelve of them though ?

3 hours ago, ValeRam said:

Lol so would you rather us turn up for big games in parentheses and therefore not turn up for lesser games by that logic we would have beaten Forest but lost against Huddersfield, Rotherham, MK Dons

Its alright squabbling and splitting hairs but there have been a number of occasions now where we can't seem to score a single goal when we need one

Wembley?

Numerous times in the run in

boro twice etc

28 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Its alright squabbling and splitting hairs but there have been a number of occasions now where we can't seem to score a single goal when we need one

Wembley?

boro twice etc

QPR on Tuesday night....

4 hours ago, ValeRam said:

I see Watford are 11th in the Prem at the mo. Seem to be doing quite well.

That said their fans still remain appalled that last season in their games against the others in the top 8 (Bournemouth, Norwich, Boro, Brentford, Ipswich, Wolves and the Rams) they only won 3 - beating little ol'Brentford twice. To be fair though, it was laudible for them to beat the 'also-rans' although they of course were not the real competition :lol:

I have always taken the view that 1 game does not affect your season. Watford fans could argue that 14 games do not affect your season. I think I will therefore let it get a bit closer to 46 games before I start considering what our chances are of going up or not. To do otherwise I think might make me look a bit of an arse.

4 hours ago, ValeRam said:

I totally agree with all said above especially after our shocking performance on Friday evening which is such a big game for all Rams fans.

When you analyse our results & the league table so far, of the nine teams with us in the top ten we've only beaten Reading so far, drawn with another three & yet to play the remaining five. 

Its clear that after the next seven games against some tough opposition we will discover how good we really are under Mr Clement.

Very good I hope.

4 hours ago, Hector was the best said:

Does anyone think some of our first team players are believing they are better than they really are. Just wait a second whilst I get my tin helmet 

I'll get right back to you on that one.

21 hours ago, RamNut said:

Not sure what you're watching.

butterfield played well when he came on.

Perhaps you were watching the wrong match. I know I saw the right match because I

recorded it while watching on Sky,and then watched it yesterday morning again. I haven't

deleted it either so I can read the comments on here and go back to the match. I should tell

you Butterfield didn't impose himself on the game at all,even against tired defenders. I realise

people on here tend to idolise certain players and refuse to admit when they play poorly.Also

vice versa and have a down on certain players and refuse to accept when they have a good

game. I don't do that and take each performance as it happens and say what I think,I'm not the

only one,but there aren't many of us.

Russell and Chistie created most of the attacking threat until tiredness,being unmercifly clogged

and having to deal with extra defenders as Forest dealt with their threat. It's all there if you care to

watch it.

One other thing the game was lost after 5 minutes when 5 Derby defenders were to slow to block

the shot that put Forest in front.

5 hours ago, ValeRam said:

From the Wolves match day thread -

On 18/10/2015, 18:13:33, -JW- said:

Starting to motor now. Could easily win our next two and be in the top 2 this time next week.

Has to be said Thorne and ince were really poor today but I guess we don't even need to have everyone playing well every game as we have enough quality all over the pitch.

Your reply - 

"Really poor …….!!??????

We come away from our best performance in months, a fantastic match against good opposition, all the players having done well and that's the main memory you are left with………..

Jesus - I give up."

Had you down as a happy clapper at best, unnecessarily argumentative at worse, but now suspect you're either a red dog, given how much time you seem to spend watching Forest, or a schizophrenic! 

8 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

Perhaps you were watching the wrong match. I know I saw the right match because I

recorded it while watching on Sky,and then watched it yesterday morning again. I haven't

deleted it either so I can read the comments on here and go back to the match. I should tell

you Butterfield didn't impose himself on the game at all,even against tired defenders. I realise

people on here tend to idolise certain players and refuse to admit when they play poorly.Also

vice versa and have a down on certain players and refuse to accept when they have a good

game. I don't do that and take each performance as it happens and say what I think,I'm not the

only one,but there aren't many of us.

Russell and Chistie created most of the attacking threat until tiredness,being unmercifly clogged

and having to deal with extra defenders as Forest dealt with their threat. It's all there if you care to

watch it.

One other thing the game was lost after 5 minutes when 5 Derby defenders were to slow to block

the shot that put Forest in front.

That's quite funny.... thanks for the chuckle. :)

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

From the Wolves match day thread -

On 18/10/2015, 18:13:33, -JW- said:

Starting to motor now. Could easily win our next two and be in the top 2 this time next week.

Has to be said Thorne and ince were really poor today but I guess we don't even need to have everyone playing well every game as we have enough quality all over the pitch.

Your reply - 

"Really poor …….!!??????

We come away from our best performance in months, a fantastic match against good opposition, all the players having done well and that's the main memory you are left with………..

Jesus - I give up."

Had you down as a happy clapper at best, unnecessarily argumentative at worse, but now suspect you're either a red dog, given how much time you seem to spend watching Forest, or a schizophrenic! 

Walk me through what point you're trying to prove here because from where I'm sitting his position seems pretty logical. Praise the players when they have performed well and give em both barrels when they don't show up. Ince and Thorne may have been under par relative to the rest of the team against Wolves, but they were still better in that game than any of our players bar Warnock and Carson were against Forest.

7 hours ago, Anon said:

Walk me through what point you're trying to prove here because from where I'm sitting his position seems pretty logical. Praise the players when they have performed well and give em both barrels when they don't show up. Ince and Thorne may have been under par relative to the rest of the team against Wolves, but they were still better in that game than any of our players bar Warnock and Carson were against Forest.

The overreaction in both cases is consistent,  I guess.

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

Wembley?

boro twice etc

For a team that scores quite a lot of goals this seems very harsh. Even in the run in we didn't fail to score numerous times... Wolves away and reading at home us all I can remember and we certainly should have had at least one against wolves if not for the ref. 

There may be a question about teams parking the bus, and whether we have a plan B and all those old cliches. Certainly I think this squad seems to lack width.... The bid for antoniou in the summer still rumours we might be back in for him suggest management might agree. 

BIt im  not sure what else you are saying. That we bottle it? That we still lack quality? I don't know... I think we will beat most teams in this league that's all I can say. Just a big shame we didn't beat forest and were so unbelievably poor on the night. but even red dogs have their day.

Really fed up with people saying Thorne was bad on the day. He may have had a bit of an off day - closing down for the goal, getting megged by Ward, woeful long range shot, and fatiguing in the final minutes, but he was still the best player on the field. Warnock played amazing compared to what we've seen in the past, that's true. But Thorne was Thorne. Go take a look at the Forest forum and some there even comment that Thorne bossed the midfield. He was the one that kept winning back possession after Martin, Russell, and Hendrick kept giving the ball to the other team. Plus he ran his ****** off out there. People are judging Thorne by his own standards of being the finest midfielder in the division. The issues lay with the 5 attacking players not our holding midfielder.

Bemused as to why Butterfield was dropped for this game. 

Sounded like we struggled to keep the ball the minute we got anywhere near the Forest goal - which is what Butterfield has been showing in the games vs. QPR and Rotherham - like Hughes, he seems to use the ball so well compared to the likes of Hendrick, Russell, Weimann who can be quite wasteful.

All in all, reading the comments and various match reports, I'm glad I missed it.

The unbeaten run had to come to an end, shame it had to be a spineless performance to the dogs. I'm sure Clement will have them fired up for the Cardiff game:

"It was too complicated and the result was we didn't create anywhere near enough chances," Clement said.

"A lot of our good results have come from a real presence of unity in the team, people understanding their roles and playing simple.

"I thought the effort was there, physically.

"No-one was not trying but it was really average from a lot of individuals when we really needed a strong team on the night.

"This is a reminder that if you do not do things as a team and you don't do it simply, you can come unstuck.

"That is what happened."

Think we will see Butterfield and Ince come back in for the next game. Just wish it didn't have to be two weeks away.

Archived