Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Chris Mills

25 minutes ago, Rampage said:

We could not afford to lose that game against Forest because the teams above us are very strong indeed.The fact that it was Forest is another matter, but three points at the end of the season is a lot of points.

Still in our hands though, we have to play Hull and Brighton ,twice .

If they both turn us over then we deserve nothing , four wins and we can kiss The Championship adios :) .

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ovis aries said:

Still in our hands though, we have to play Hull and Brighton ,twice .

If they both turn us over then we deserve nothing , four wins and we can kiss The Championship adios :) .

Dont, worry about the rest of your games, easy as that. 

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

Dont, worry about the rest of your games, easy as that. 

Is there meant to be a comma after 'don't' Dawny? Reads much better without. 

Thought you lot were terrific on Friday, shame Dougie can't raise them to that level for the other 23 teams in the league. 

39 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Is there meant to be a comma after 'don't' Dawny? Reads much better without. 

Thought you lot were terrific on Friday, shame Dougie can't raise them to that level for the other 23 teams in the league. 

Absolutely Sir, don't know what that is doing in there..

Im not so sure, the next 5-6 games will be interesting. If we fail to score in a bunch of them and lose alot.. Then perhaps you are right. Hoping it has bought him some breathing space.. Slightly depressing that is the case

6 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Absolutely Sir, don't know what that is doing in there..

Im not so sure, the next 5-6 games will be interesting. If we fail to score in a bunch of them and lose alot.. Then perhaps you are right. Hoping it has bought him some breathing space.. Slightly depressing that is the case

Freedman showed, in this game at least, that he has some tactical nous, and the players showed they could play at a high tempo and, dare I say it, a good degree of skill. If they apply that to every game, then you'll start winning. If they don't, then the manager deserves that's coming his way.

3 hours ago, davenportram said:

was somebody really waiting to give Russell 1? Noone was that bad

Surveys are about opinions are they not? 

Not much point in having a 1 in there if folks are going to be chastised for rating a player as that. 

Remind me again what Russell (and Weimann for that matter) did?

I thought it best to let myself cool down before collecting my thoughts. You can read them here if you're interested:

http://viewfromtheweststand.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/nottingham-forest-1-derby-0.html

All in all, I'm sure Clement will have learnt a lot from that especially with regards to who he can trust in big matches going forward.

Now that Freedman has shown he can get a performance like that from his players, he should be abe to get them moving up the table. If they get stuck near the relegation places he'll deserve the sack.

5 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

I thought it best to let myself cool down before collecting my thoughts. You can read them here if you're interested:

http://viewfromtheweststand.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/nottingham-forest-1-derby-0.html

All in all, I'm sure Clement will have learnt a lot from that especially with regards to who he can trust in big matches going forward.

Now that Freedman has shown he can get a performance like that from his players, he should be abe to get them moving up the table. If they get stuck near the relegation places he'll deserve the sack.

(Their goal came from martins lay off not a stray pass from russell)

6 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

The goal 100% should have stood as it is actually Hobbs who is fouled. Shocking refereeing decision that he then continued for the rest of his performance. 

'Interesting that there was only 1 goal in it' - Scoreline flattered you 2BH. Could and probably should have been at least 3-0. 

Rest of it wasn't bad.

I give it a B-

Must do betetr ;)

Think you're over-hyping your own performance.

We were *****, but we still had nearly 70% of the ball as an away side. There were some non-league teams playing league teams who didn't defend as deep at home as you did in the FA Cup at the weekend. If that constitutes a great performance, then I shudder to think the rest of the dross you lot have had to watch this season - no wonder there were so many empty seats.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Think you're over-hyping your own performance.

We were *****, but we still had nearly 70% of the ball as an away side. There were some non-league teams playing league teams who didn't defend as deep at home as you did in the FA Cup at the weekend. If that constitutes a great performance, then I shudder to think the rest of the dross you lot have had to watch this season - no wonder there were so many empty seats.

Rather have  a crap performance and win 1 - 0 than play well and lose 1 - 0

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

(Their goal came from martins lay off not a stray pass from russell)

Did it?  I'll have to change that then. I was certain Russell was involved - maybe he was the person who the pass was intended for. Then again I did it all from memory so I might be completely wrong there!

6 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

The goal 100% should have stood as it is actually Hobbs who is fouled. Shocking refereeing decision that he then continued for the rest of his performance. 

'Interesting that there was only 1 goal in it' - Scoreline flattered you 2BH. Could and probably should have been at least 3-0. 

Rest of it wasn't bad.

I give it a B-

Must do betetr ;)

You say it could have been 3-0 and I can see where you're coming from, but you wouldn't have deserved it even though you did have the better chances. A draw would have been a fairer result on the balance of play, but as I said before, I have no complaints with the result.

Archived