Super Paul Clement

Inverurie Ram

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

The future's looking bleak for the poor bloke at the minute. 

He's clearly an intelligent coach, who will no doubt make it in the game, but he's got to be baffled at where to go from here. 

I'd be stunned if he is the head coach come the game against Ipswich. 

yep me too.

Just looking at our fixtures now, we don't have a game that you would not have put us down for 3 points for until the middle of March, he needs to sort this out quickly and throw 7 or 8 wins on the bounce, which we look a million miles away from doing now. 

I was in favour of throwing the FA Cup a the start of the season but now this game on Friday, we have to win.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can deal with losing, even poor performances every now and again.

it's more so the fact none of the players since Clements arrival have improved. Martin, Ince, Hendrick, Christie, Russell... They look no better than last season and that's one of the demands from Morris - improve the players, year on year improvement.

Of all the players signed, I'd only consider three a success; Shackell, Carson and Butterfield. Hanson isn't getting a look in, he will most likely be shipped out and name replaced with some 3 million pound hasbeen, who later won't suit our style.

9 minutes ago, dajstrawb said:

Absolutely nothing Clement could do about tonight. Some of the comments on here are bewildering. 

Awful team selection ( just how bad  does BJ need to be to be dropped?), bad choice of new players, waiting too long to do something in the match. 

We had an horrendous  pre season and made excuses, we had an horrendous  start to this season and made excuses.

We have spent 30 odd million and made excuses and our second half of the season is falling apart, are we going to keep making excuses?

Somebody has to be accountable for all the above, Paul Clement is no doubt a very nice man, but at all nice men are very good coach's.

I cannot believe Mel Morris will be happy with what £30 odd million of his cash to put together. I do believe we have gifted players at Derby, but have not gelled into a team, this stops with Paul, he did look lost on the side line tonight.

52 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It wouldn't upset me if we sacked him now.

Weimann and Bent should be on the bench at least. Why Shotton is seen as adequate defensive cover is beyond me?

I wouldn't know who to replace clement with, but i am losing any confidence I had for clement.

Mark Warburton 

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

We had an horrendous  pre season and made excuses, we had an horrendous  start to this season and made excuses.

We have spent 30 odd million and made excuses and our second half of the season is falling apart, are we going to keep making excuses?

Somebody has to be accountable for all the above, Paul Clement is no doubt a very nice man, but at all nice men are very good coach's.

I cannot believe Mel Morris will be happy with what £30 odd million of his cash to put together. I do believe we have gifted players at Derby, but have not gelled into a team, this stops with Paul, he did look lost on the side line tonight.

You missed out the inbetween but where we had our best start to the season in over 70 years and reached the halfway point having only lost 2 games...

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You missed out the inbetween but where we had our best start to the season in over 70 years and reached the halfway point having only lost 2 games...

I do reckon there would be a few coaches in the championship would have done as well as Paul with the players and cash spent, I dare say a few might have done even better.......it was always going to be a gamble......

22 minutes ago, valleyram said:

We can't blame PC for that tonight , we were easy the better team 

og

2 pens 

massive deflection later 

we are hammered 

i wish I watched some other sport at times 

But would you question why he brought on Bryson for a 4 minute anonymous cameo?

What was the point of that? We'd even gone 442 by that stage which doesn't suit Bryson game ?

Clement can't be blamed for the signings most were in place before he was appointed. Our team is too big, disjointed and lacking team spirit. We would be daft to panick and sack him now. He needs to nail down a starting 11 and stick with it, get the spirit back and get back to winning ways. I'd be tempted to offload a few this January and trim the choices down.

6 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Clement can't be blamed for the signings most were in place before he was appointed. Our team is too big, disjointed and lacking team spirit. We would be daft to panick and sack him now. He needs to nail down a starting 11 and stick with it, get the spirit back and get back to winning ways. I'd be tempted to offload a few this January and trim the choices down.

Seems to have more or less his starting 11 to me. 

But then we get the "why Bradley Johnson "? stuff. 

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Seems to have more or less his starting 11 to me. 

But then we get the "why Bradley Johnson "? stuff. 

Should really have stretched it out to a settled bench too, he is underperforming and needs a break. Still think he will come good. 

I like Paul a lot. Another good interview and appraisal at the end, both on Sky and Radio Derby. We played very well, and he made good changes that meant we kept playing well but tried something different. We had no luck at all. Also it was great to give Bryson a little run out to help bring him back into the first-team fold. Brys could yet  prove a very important player as the season reaches its climax. Good management. Very very very unlucky on the evening.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

I like Paul a lot. Another good interview and appraisal at the end, both on Sky and Radio Derby. We played very well, and he made good changes that meant we kept playing well but tried something different. We had no luck at all. Also it was great to give Bryson a little run out to help bring him back into the first-team fold. Brys could yet  prove a very important player as the season reaches its climax. Good management. Very very very unlucky on the evening.

Honestly I am not sure if you are serious or not..? are you? 

We played very well? we played decent in the first half without creating much and then gifted them a goal, but in the second half we were awful, defended awfully, gave them 3 goals through total ineptitude and poor lazy attitude.

As for Bryson... give me strength, he is as good as Blackman

Archived