Super Paul Clement

Inverurie Ram

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, toddy said:

He's made a mistake and put his hands up to it, let us move on to the next game.

I don't see it as a mistake. There was no guarantee of a point if he didn't make the change.

Bold move that didn't pay off. 

I think 3 points would have been much more valuable than 1 today. Not fussed that Boro have pulled away a bit as I see them as nailed on for promotion anyway. 3 points would have put a nice gap between us and 3rd so don't blame PC for going for it.

I'm glad he did go for it. He could see there was an opportunity for us to roll the dice and grab all 3 points, and went for it. Brave decision, even if it was the wrong one on this occasion. And fair play to Paul for holding his hands up and admitting the mistake. But that's what we've come to expect from the bloke - decent, honest, and articulate. He's building a great team at Derby, even if they just fell short today by easily the best team in the league, who it should be pointed out are 3 years more mature as a unit than we are.

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't see it as a mistake. There was no guarantee of a point if he didn't make the change.

Bold move that didn't pay off. 

I think 3 points would have been much more valuable than 1 today. Not fussed that Boro have pulled away a bit as I see them as nailed on for promotion anyway. 3 points would have put a nice gap between us and 3rd so don't blame PC for going for it.

So even though Paul says he made a wrong change, you don't thing it was?

Bold move?  Possibly, but most on here thought we would either lose or maybe get a point and it would have kept the gap to 1 pt between us and Boro and also more importantly gave us one more point over Hull.

So don't blame PC for going for it?

He has himself held his hands up for the change, did you not listen to what he had said?

I have agreed with him!

53 minutes ago, toddy said:

So even though Paul says he made a wrong change, you don't thing it was?

Bold move?  Possibly, but most on here thought we would either lose or maybe get a point and it would have kept the gap to 1 pt between us and Boro and also more importantly gave us one more point over Hull.

So don't blame PC for going for it?

He has himself held his hands up for the change, did you not listen to what he had said?

I have agreed with him!

Yes I listened to what he said and it's a manager deflecting any criticism away from his team. 

Had he not made the change and Boro scored would it have been his mistake for not making a change?

As I said, not interested in what Boro do, they will go up regardless in my opinion. 3 points would have put a nice gap between us and Hull.

I don't blame Paul Clement for going for it either. I think the situation allowed for it.

The only problem I see was the choice of player. Weimann was never going to create a bit of individual brilliance, as he's utterly reliant on others putting it on a plate for him.

I think Clement will do the same again in the future and get a better result as instead of bringing on Weimann, hopefully after this window or the next he'll be bringing on a quality forward off the bench.

When you compare what Boro have in reserve compared to us, it's easy to see why they're a little bit stronger than us. Nugent would have been a cracking player to bring on for instance.

Strange it was, indeed. I'd defo do the same when we have been better or equal team during the game. But Boro were so much better than us, that IMO it really didn't make sense. Hopefully this doesn't lead to too defensive mindset, he should go for it again, but situation should be more favourable.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived