Car you currently drive?

AmericanRam

2 hours ago, ramit said:

The car is good all in all, there is only one problem really, yet for me a rather significant one, i can't teach it to immediately give power when i want it, because the transmission is not really automatic, it has an automatic clutch system.  It is a an agile machine, it U turns very tightly which i like and is great on the open road if i discount the need to tickle the accelerator before overtaking.  Will change cars soon probably.

An obvious solution would be to go electric and leave the world of gears behind for ever. Instant power when you want it.

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

An obvious solution would be to go electric and leave the world of gears behind for ever. Instant power when you want it.

This is true, but i have my doubts about electric cars.  Thinking more of methane powered car next, if service stations are added in the countryside.

13 hours ago, Rev said:

Still got my A35 4Matic AMG, 3 years old, full MB service history, less than 6000 miles on the clock.

Fancying a last petrol powered fling in a new Type R Civic, before going the electric route. 

It does look very nice and no doubt will be an occasion to drive.

I had a M140i the last time around which I bought for exactly the same reason,my last blast in a non phev/ev.

I didn't keep it that long but enjoyed it whilst I had it.

IMG_20190201_130541.jpg

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Then went to this,a Cupra Formentor plug in hybrid,which has saved me a fortune in fuel as our commute is less than the 37 mile ev range.

IMG_20220603_142923_828.jpg

Had a Cupra 290 SC last time out, it could never quite cope with getting the power down. That looks nice though, for an SUV.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/08/2022 at 18:58, Rev said:

Just agreed to sell my car the Motorway way. 

It'll be fun to see how close to the reserve price the offers get, and how much they'll try to beat me down on the price if I accept a bid.

Wasn't fun, after all. 

Reserve price of 32k, offered price of 28.5k. 

Waste of time.

15 hours ago, Archied said:

Used we buy any car for the m3 I sold , 22k estimated and offered 21500 on viewing 

Tried them a few months back, offered £500 less than the offer now. 

The reserve price was set by Motorway, not me btw.  

I expected maybe £1500 less, after some haggling, but £3.5k was a bit too much of a drop.

8 hours ago, Rev said:

Tried them a few months back, offered £500 less than the offer now. 

The reserve price was set by Motorway, not me btw.  

I expected maybe £1500 less, after some haggling, but £3.5k was a bit too much of a drop.

Was interested in how motorway performed re how much price dropped from original price they set , I know we buy any car set they’re by current auction prices then haggle a bit over condition, was pleased they only dropped £500 from estimate before inspection 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/08/2022 at 06:34, Archied said:

Was interested in how motorway performed re how much price dropped from original price they set , I know we buy any car set they’re by current auction prices then haggle a bit over condition, was pleased they only dropped £500 from estimate before inspection 

Went back to Webuyanycar. 

This time, they offered £30,200 on line, and only knocked £200 quid of on inspection. 

Reluctantly took it, and caught the bus home.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Went back to Webuyanycar. 

This time, they offered £30,200 on line, and only knocked £200 quid of on inspection. 

Reluctantly took it, and caught the bus home.

What ridiculous reason was it for the £200? A stone in the tread?