Car you currently drive?

AmericanRam

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Cazoo are struggling, so there might be a lot of bargains while they try and shift some of their over-priced stock. Not a great position to be in with second hand car prices now falling from record highs.

I don't know how many sites they have but they've got a big one on the same business park as my company, with thousands of cars parked up, on and around the runway of an old airforce base. In the last year, they've gone from rapid expansion and trying to buy up any vacant buildings on site, to making a lot of people redundant.

Whilst I don’t want anyone to lose there job I hope Cinch are going the same way just so I don’t have to see that Rylan with his oversized and ultra shiny teeth on the telly anymore . I’m still certain him and Klopp do a teeth share ……. You never see them together ! 

59 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Whilst I don’t want anyone to lose there job I hope Cinch are going the same way just so I don’t have to see that Rylan with his oversized and ultra shiny teeth on the telly anymore . I’m still certain him and Klopp do a teeth share ……. You never see them together ! 

I see Klopps in the market for another striker...Danish forward...Den Ture 

I'll get me coat.

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I blame the dentist.

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/12/2022 at 08:43, Wolfie said:

Cazoo are struggling, so there might be a lot of bargains while they try and shift some of their over-priced stock. Not a great position to be in with second hand car prices now falling from record highs.

I don't know how many sites they have but they've got a big one on the same business park as my company, with thousands of cars parked up, on and around the runway of an old airforce base. In the last year, they've gone from rapid expansion and trying to buy up any vacant buildings on site, to making a lot of people redundant.

I've heard this morning that Cazoo are now closing their site near where I work. Horrible for those losing their jobs.

There are thousands of cars here. An entire runway and land surrounding it. That gives them an awful lot of cars to sell or move at their cost to somewhere else.

There may be some bargains to be had in the coming weeks & months if anyone is looking.

5 years ago I abandoned a life long love affair with too many Italians to mention. I went boring “over priced” used Audi A4 Avant. Sweetened by 3.0 6 pots and Quattro but it was a bit sad. 5 years on and now on 90k miles on the clock it’s been exactly what the ad men say about German cars. Apart from a failed disc. I have done nothing except service it and replace tyres pads oils and filters. It’s been a gem

1 minute ago, jono said:

Honestly it’s been great, I have an ex work colleague with a real oldie that’s just turned 350,000 miles and still sound. 

Been driving Audi since forever mate. Like your good self, loved the Italian cars of yesteryear - Lancia and Alfa specifically - but once you go German (?) it's hard to go back to standing on the M6 waiting for the AA and the Quattro models are all manner of fun. 

52 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Been driving Audi since forever mate. Like your good self, loved the Italian cars of yesteryear - Lancia and Alfa specifically - but once you go German (?) it's hard to go back to standing on the M6 waiting for the AA and the Quattro models are all manner of fun. 

Don’t get me going on Lancias and Alfas .. I will be that car bore from the pub ?

But .. just got to sneak one in. My Old Sud VVR 618 X 1.5 Ti …. run out model before they spoilt it by putting low profile tyres on them and took the torque away to get another 10 HP for the marketing men. 95 BHP twin dellorto’s (860 kgs )

no need to use the choke. Just prod the peddle 3 times and turn the key. Such balance handling and grip, such throttle response and that burble that turned to a rasp. Yeah Golf GTI’s we’re quicker and XR3’s we’re all the rage but I loved that car 

(I’ll just gloss over the blown head gaskets, tin worm and leaky callipers - minor details ahem)

Just set in motion swapping my 2013 Seat Leon for a Mazda CX-3.

Not going to say anything beyond that because, for some reason, I always feel like talking about car buying decisions (or any high-ticket item tbf) on the internet just attracts trolls telling you all the ways they think you've got it wrong, should have done this that or the other, anything to give you buyer's remorse.

(Whether that's true of this board/thread I don't know, I just don't like opening myself up to criticism!)

Edited by Kokosnuss

5 hours ago, jono said:

I’ll just gloss over the blown head gaskets

Now you've done it. 

My second car was a Citreon AX GT, proper little go kart, till the head gasket went at Stanton Ironworks one day. 

Got my dad to tow me to Spondon, where I arranged for it to be skimmed and re-lined, and a new gasket fitted, £400 I really didn't have to get back on the road.

A week later I pick her up, good as new, and get to exactly the same spot, 5 miles away, when it goes again! 

Crawled home, and a week later sold it spares or repair for £90, after getting nowhere with the garage.

7 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Me and my wife have had Honda Civics for the last 10 years. Nothing ever goes wrong with them ??

There was a stat back in the late 90’s. It was claimed that Honda had made more than 1 million VVT engines and their parts/dealership systems had a record of zero replacements supplied of any major internal engine parts. Never owned one but Honda are a bit special. 

2 hours ago, jono said:

There was a stat back in the late 90’s. It was claimed that Honda had made more than 1 million VVT engines and their parts/dealership systems had a record of zero replacements supplied of any major internal engine parts. Never owned one but Honda are a bit special. 

I’m on my third Honda Civic EX, one a GT, never had any issues with any of them. The first two close to 100,000 miles. The dealer rang me trying to sell me a new one, but I said why would I want a new one when there’s nothing wrong with the one I’ve got, his reply, yeah we make them too well don’t we.

Still driving the Ford Focus Zetec I bought in 2010.

I doubt I'll ever replace it, because, since my retirement, mileage now is down to a couple of shopping trips a week, Christmas 'taxi' to Sheffield and Brizzle and (hopefully) one drive a year to Belgium for 'supplies'.

5000 miles tops.

Need some ideas for my next car, so suggestions are welcome.

I currently drive 40 miles a day to work, 5 days a week and at the moment drive a 2018 plate Honda Civic 1.5 VTEC Turbo.

However as I'm looking at buying a house, I'm going to sell this car and get a cheaper car.

Budget will be around £8k, anyone have any suggestions?

13 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Need some ideas for my next car, so suggestions are welcome.

I currently drive 40 miles a day to work, 5 days a week and at the moment drive a 2018 plate Honda Civic 1.5 VTEC Turbo.

However as I'm looking at buying a house, I'm going to sell this car and get a cheaper car.

Budget will be around £8k, anyone have any suggestions?

How about something like a KIA Ceed?

Pretty good looking IMO and similar size to the Civic. KIAs are usually well equipped and if you're lucky you might find one still in the original 7 year warranty period for that kind of money.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

I’m on my third Honda Civic EX, one a GT, never had any issues with any of them. The first two close to 100,000 miles. The dealer rang me trying to sell me a new one, but I said why would I want a new one when there’s nothing wrong with the one I’ve got, his reply, yeah we make them too well don’t we.

Wife has just bought a brand new hybrid model. Very smooth.

259A689C-9EB5-42E3-84D0-2B79BB73D392.jpeg