Car you currently drive?

AmericanRam

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Alloy refurbishment. 

That’s your silly fault for driving it!! ?

Makes me laugh, estimated online value at showroom condition.

I took my works Mitsu L200 to them, £9100 online quote, I thought that’s too good to be true.  The lad looked down on side and told me there was a slight dint on the back door.  I couldn’t see it?

Alloys too.

He missed the big dent on the roof were the roof rack had been overloaded.

Offered £6500, I laughed, he rang someone and then offered £7500.  I accepted as that covered my remaining finance and £1500 in my Dishy Rishy free sky rocket.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

That’s your silly fault for driving it!! ?

Makes me laugh, estimated online value at showroom condition.

I took my works Mitsu L200 to them, £9100 online quote, I thought that’s too good to be true.  The lad looked down on side and told me there was a slight dint on the back door.  I couldn’t see it?

Alloys too.

He missed the big dent on the roof were the roof rack had been overloaded.

Offered £6500, I laughed, he rang someone and then offered £7500.  I accepted as that covered my remaining finance and £1500 in my Dishy Rishy free sky rocket.

I was due a service in 2 weeks time, and another £400 a month for the next year, all for a car with no warranty. 

Settling the finance a year early saves another grand in interest alone, and I've got £7k left over for another deposit if I see something else. 

Or gas and electric bills, probably!

• 1 month later...
On 06/09/2022 at 18:54, Rev said:

I was due a service in 2 weeks time, and another £400 a month for the next year, all for a car with no warranty. 

Settling the finance a year early saves another grand in interest alone, and I've got £7k left over for another deposit if I see something else. 

Or gas and electric bills, probably!

My old cars ended up on Cazoo.

Alloys have been refurbished, the due service has been carried out, it was priced up a little over a week ago at £34000.

It's now down to £32,800, I'm keeping an eye and if it goes below 31k I will buy it back.

I'm taking my beloved Ford Fiesta Ecoboost in this wednesday to have a new cambelt fitted. I've done some reading up on this and evidently Ford expected these Cambelts to last longer than they do. She's done 87,000  miles without any problems at all and still runs brilliantly. She's a 65 reg. These belts were expected to last for longer but there have been many examples of them failing before 100,000 miles. It's a 'wet' belt so a much more complicated job. Hopefully she'll last another couple of years at least. She runs like a dream!!

They are also going to investigate a problem with the engine warning light which comes on and goes off periodically. I'm hoping it is just a problem with the sensors as the car still drives perfectly and has recently passed its MOT which suggests that the CAT is not a problem as emissions are ok. We'll see!!

Edited by Miggins

12 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I'm taking my beloved Ford Fiesta Ecoboost in this wednesday to have a new cambelt fitted. I've done some reading up on this and evidently Ford expected these Cambelts to last longer than they do. She's done 87,000  miles without any problems at all and still runs brilliantly. She's a 65 reg. These belts were expected to last for longer but there have been many examples of them failing before 100,000 miles. It's a 'wet' belt so a much more complicated job. Hopefully she'll last another couple of years at least. She runs like a dream!!

They are also going to investigate a problem with the engine warning light which comes on and goes off periodically. I'm hoping it is just a problem with the sensors as the car still drives perfectly and has recently passed its MOT which suggests that the CAT is not a problem as emissions are ok. We'll see!!

I Hope Please GIF

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure my name must be on a database car dealers use, with a red flag against it that guarantees shocking customer service. 

I see a car I like last Friday, at a very competitive price and spec, so ring the dealer to enquire further. I like what I hear, so make an offer over the phone. The salesman, and I use the term loosely, says he'll speak to his manager, and call me straight back.

One and a half hours later, I give in, and call the dealer, to be told he hadn't had the chance yet to discuss, and he'll call me back. 

They call back, and after a bit of negotiation agree a £500 reduction, to cover the road tax, and the service due in December to be done.  

The car is in Croydon, so I ask for delivery options. We can deliver, but we will have to see you in person at some point, it's company policy, so I agree I'll travel down to pick the car up, and drive it back. 

They send an email, with a payment link, I check everything out and pay £1k deposit to hold the car Friday teatime. 

I hear nothing back at all, either email or phone, and no receipt of the deposit taken from the dealer, just a Worldpay conformation.  

I hear nothing Monday, so ring back 3pm Tuesday afternoon, and again I'm told he'll call me back when available. This time, it's 6.30pm when he calls, I arrange to collect the car next Tuesday, and we schedule a telephone call for today at 12.15pm to sort out full payment. 

Again, I've heard nothing at all, it's like they don't want my money.

I'm not looking to finance, I have no px to offer, just a pure cash purchase of over 30k, and they're treating me like a fool.

I've a good mind to tell them to do one, and cancel the purchase.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

I'm sure my name must be on a database car dealers use, with a red flag against it that guarantees shocking customer service. 

I see a car I like last Friday, at a very competitive price and spec, so ring the dealer to enquire further. I like what I hear, so make an offer over the phone. The salesman, and I use the term loosely, says he'll speak to his manager, and call me straight back.

One and a half hours later, I give in, and call the dealer, to be told he hadn't had the chance yet to discuss, and he'll call me back. 

They call back, and after a bit of negotiation agree a £500 reduction, to cover the road tax, and the service due in December to be done.  

The car is in Croydon, so I ask for delivery options. We can deliver, but we will have to see you in person at some point, it's company policy, so I agree I'll travel down to pick the car up, and drive it back. 

They send an email, with a payment link, I check everything out and pay £1k deposit to hold the car Friday teatime. 

I hear nothing back at all, either email or phone, and no receipt of the deposit taken from the dealer, just a Worldpay conformation.  

I hear nothing Monday, so ring back 3pm Tuesday afternoon, and again I'm told he'll call me back when available. This time, it's 6.30pm when he calls, I arrange to collect the car next Tuesday, and we schedule a telephone call for today at 12.15pm to sort out full payment. 

I'm not looking to finance, I have no px to offer, just a pure cash purchase of over 30k, and they're treating me like a fool.

Depends on the car. If its a run of the mill motor, get your deposit back and go elsewhere. Of its a bit special, suck it up and get a decent deal on it

7 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Depends on the car. If its a run of the mill motor, get your deposit back and go elsewhere. Of its a bit special, suck it up and get a decent deal on it

It's a rare colour M235i optioned to the max, from a BMW main dealer as approved used.

Not so sure its special, but the missus likes the colour.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

They like finance as they get commission 

Edited by Archied

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

It's a rare colour M235i optioned to the max, from a BMW main dealer as approved used.

This makes it easier to offer my advice. If your missus is involved then it is probably best to let her decide how you proceed. Be warned though if anything goes wrong you'll still cop for the blame.

Seriously though, that sounds like shocking customer service. At the risk of cutting my nose off to spite my face, I too would be inclined to tell them to stuff it and walk away. They don't deserve your custom or patience. 

1 hour ago, Rev said:

I'd bin it off personally. BMWs aren't that special anymore and are readily available pretty much everywhere. I have had BMWs for years at this point as well

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Yeah, I know that. I've even had a  friend who've bought on finance, settled as soon as possible and split the commission with the salesman.

I normally finance my car, but right now I'm looking at 25% interest rate over typical ownership, 40k repayable for a 30k car, doesn't make sense if I can avoid it, especially when you bring depreciation into the equation. 

6 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

I'd bin it off personally. BMWs aren't that special anymore and are readily available pretty much everywhere. I have had BMWs for years at this point as well

When I sold the old car, I'd have been happy with a Hyundai n30i, or the similar Kona N! 

The missus has uncharacteristically come all over all badge snob though, even though she doesn't drive, and won't countence a drop in perceived marque, she's also demanding a popping colour.

21 minutes ago, Rev said:

When I sold the old car, I'd have been happy with a Hyundai n30i, or the similar Kona N! 

The missus has uncharacteristically come all over all badge snob though, even though she doesn't drive, and won't countence a drop in perceived marque, she's also demanding a popping colour.

Show her a gunmetal grey a4 that's loaded with toys/heated seats etc, that's a thing of beauty

Saying that, my Mrs has a Peugeot battle bus and I prefer that to mine, its much more practical and easier to work on, plus parts are cheaper! 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

They sure do, I bought the then Wife a brand new Toyota Aygo from a Toyota dealership on Pride Park, Part chopped my old Vauxhall Vectra plus £8k, Another salesman comes along with a mass of paperwork and asks for my bank details, You don't need my bank details I said, I do for finance he said, Nope, I opened my my rucksack and put £8k cash on the table.

The look of disgust on his face was a picture, He'd lost his commission, I was passed onto the seller who I told I had the cash with me ?message was never passed on I guess?

52 minutes ago, Rev said:

Yeah, I know that. I've even had a  friend who've bought on finance, settled as soon as possible and split the commission with the salesman.

I normally finance my car, but right now I'm looking at 25% interest rate over typical ownership, 40k repayable for a 30k car, doesn't make sense if I can avoid it, especially when you bring depreciation into the equation. 

Yep , just bought mine outright rather than pay way over the value of the car in interest

19 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

They sure do, I bought the then Wife a brand new Toyota Aygo from a Toyota dealership on Pride Park, Part chopped my old Vauxhall Vectra plus £8k, Another salesman comes along with a mass of paperwork and asks for my bank details, You don't need my bank details I said, I do for finance he said, Nope, I opened my my rucksack and put £8k cash on the table.

The look of disgust on his face was a picture, He'd lost his commission, I was passed onto the seller who I told I had the cash with me ?message was never passed on I guess?

Was very amusing going in to look at the car I was interested in , dressed in work clothes and in the van , no rush to serve and the vibe that they thought I might not get the finance and I may need to put a fair sized deposit ,, told him er no if I like it and the deal is right I will just buy it ( not rich by any means just don’t like debt if I can avoid it) , service got better when I told him I liked it and asked for payment details and when they could have it ready 

1 hour ago, bimmerman said:

Got to say the m2 competition is probably the most enjoyable car I’ve ever had