Why Why Why Weimann

sage

You must have missed the Sky Bet thread on Derby specials and the Darren Bent transfer thread. Go take a look, it's a nice read. I used the Charlie Austin example of displaying the point behind this false logic.

I'm not patronising towards other posters. I stuck my neck on the line regarding a few issues like Dawkins and Bent and my posts have been labelled ridiculous for it.

Instead of sniping comments like 'ridiculous post, rubbish' etc. Why don't we just debate the point. That's all I and Sage and other have ever done. We've always debated, which is far more than some of the responses received.

Nice of you to try and get a dig in though, wherever possible eh Ronnie.

Do me a favour Bris, point out where I've posted ridiculous post or rubbish?

Believe it or not, I'm coming round to quite liking you, I'm not meaning to sound nasty in my posts. You've got more knowledge than I probably gave you credit for.

It's not a dig, it's a debate. I think I debate with you quite well, but there are times when even if someone knows more than you, you won't let go.

You'll never admit you're wrong and a stage further, you're convinced you're always right.

The Bristol City point yesterday is a fine example of that, unless I drop the point we'd be going at it all night. That's despite the fact I watched them last year on a very regular basis and I don't think you did.

I really don't think I'm having a dig Bris, but I do challenge your self given position as font of all knowledge and I understand you're taking a bit of offence at that.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure I'd go with top 2. Martin, Shackell, Ince and Weimann will be up there in terms of nominations but as you say only the top 2 are announced, if we run a poll on here usually 2 are run away winners. Should have really thought about it before posting but how about this, after the season has finished we'll run a Weimann poll. Can see who's voted so it can't be rigged. Simple question, how do you rate Weimann's season, Excellent, Very Good, Good, Average, Poor, Very Poor. If 50% don't vote excellent, £50 will wing it's way to Belper

POTY or admit to being a shilly shally.  :P

I agree we need these. Who would you suggest?

I guess it depends on our price range and budget. Regarding a centre-forward, I like the look of former Bolton Wanderers taget Alfred Finnbogason and of course Glenn Murray.

Kermorgant (is he available? I would have asked, seeing as he hasn't featured for Bournemouth and they want Glenn Murray), Kenweyne Jones is a option. Brett Pittman, another option.

Plenty more out there. 

I guess it depends on our price range and budget. Regarding a centre-forward, I like the look of former Bolton Wanderers taget Alfred Finnbogason and of course Glenn Murray.

Kermorgant (is he available? I would have asked, seeing as he hasn't featured for Bournemouth and they want Glenn Murray), Kenweyne Jones is a option. Brett Pittman, another option.

Plenty more out there. 

Left winger? I'll give you the Weimann budget of £2m.

Do me a favour Bris, point out where I've posted ridiculous post or rubbish?

Believe it or not, I'm coming round to quite liking you, I'm not meaning to sound nasty in my posts. You've got more knowledge than I probably gave you credit for.

It's not a dig, it's a debate. I think I debate with you quite well, but there are times when even if someone knows more than you, you won't let go.

You'll never admit you're wrong and a stage further, you're convinced you're always right.

The Bristol City point yesterday is a fine example of that, unless I drop the point we'd be going at it all night. That's despite the fact I watched them last year on a very regular basis and I don't think you did.

I really don't think I'm having a dig Bris, but I do challenge your self given position as font of all knowledge and I understand you're taking a bit of offence at that.

I never said you responded with such comments, but many others have.

I'll happily admit I'm wrong, but I won't do so until there is compelling evidence telling me that I'm wrong.if Bent scores 12+ goals this season and proves to be an excellent target man, I'll say I'm wrong.

If Dawkins is given a run of games and centre-mid and proves to be pretty useless, I'll admit I'm wrong.

Regarding Bristol City, there wasn't really anuthing to debate. I said they're not renowned for their attacking abilities (I should have said at Championship level to be clear) and Cotterill strikes me as a survival manager at this level.

If they prove me wrong, they'll prove me wrong. 

I'm only convinced I'm right when I strongly believe that I'm right about something. I could tell you plenty of things I believe which have turned out to be totally wrong.

I thought Spain would win the last World Cup, what the hell did I know? I thought USA would win the Gold Cup this year, what the hell did I know? 

For those who think this is harsh, ask yourself this question. If someone offered the £2m we paid for him would you take it?  

yes

To summarise the season so far that I have read on DCFC Fans, 3 games in. 

A poll suggests the majority of fans want us to sign a convicted criminal in Joey Barton 

only that numpty from Brighton

I never said you responded with such comments, but many others have.

I'll happily admit I'm wrong, but I won't do so until there is compelling evidence telling me that I'm wrong.if Bent scores 12+ goals this season and proves to be an excellent target man, I'll say I'm wrong.

If Dawkins is given a run of games and centre-mid and proves to be pretty useless, I'll admit I'm wrong.

Regarding Bristol City, there wasn't really anuthing to debate. I said they're not renowned for their attacking abilities (I should have said at Championship level to be clear) and Cotterill strikes me as a survival manager at this level.

If they prove me wrong, they'll prove me wrong. 

I'm only convinced I'm right when I strongly believe that I'm right about something. I could tell you plenty of things I believe which have turned out to be totally wrong.

I thought Spain would win the last World Cup, what the hell did I know? I thought USA would win the Gold Cup this year, what the hell did I know? 

I'd never question your knowledge on anything to do with Spanish football, never, it's clear you love it and you're passionate about it. I'd never question your knowledge on South American football, again I think you take a bit of time to know your stuff. You might not always be right, but there's substance to it.

Where it gets a bit patchy is when you comment on things like the league one play off semi final when you've only watched highlights of the second 45 minutes of it and yet someone like me has analysed it for hours after following it incredibly closely is wrong and "stupidly biased". Then I post a video showing the points I was making and you STILL tell me I'm wrong and you're right...ignoring the video I put in front of you

Same with Bristol City. Would it surprise you to know I've watched every minute of every one of their games this season and I've seen them come out flying for the first 25-30 minutes but they've been unable to convert their chances. Cotterill hasn't once shut up shop and they've gone at opponents right from the off. I don't like him as a manager or as a person but that doesn't mean I'm blinded to the point of ignorance.

Uwe Rosler even made the point in his pre-match build up, they come out quickly and it's important for his team to be ready..they stormed league one and historically over the last couple of years, teams that have stormed league one have done very well in the championship.

We're not THAT different you and I, we both like to think we know our stuff, we both push a point until everyone else gives up through fear of dying through boredom. I see one major difference, you've got to have an opinion even on something you haven't seen and that opinion has to be right.

You've got some knowledge pal, but people don't like arrogance unless it's backed up with achievement. If you want to get into football so badly, then push through with it. Do something about it, work for free at a club or something like that, send them one of your dossiers on a player.. talent always rises to the top mate and if you're convinced you're good enough you should be knocking down doors to prove it.

I'd never question your knowledge on anything to do with Spanish football, never, it's clear you love it and you're passionate about it. I'd never question your knowledge on South American football, again I think you take a bit of time to know your stuff. You might not always be right, but there's substance to it.

Where it gets a bit patchy is when you comment on things like the league one play off semi final when you've only watched highlights of the second 45 minutes of it and yet someone like me has analysed it for hours after following it incredibly closely is wrong and "stupidly biased". Then I post a video showing the points I was making and you STILL tell me I'm wrong and you're right...ignoring the video I put in front of you

Same with Bristol City. Would it surprise you to know I've watched every minute of every one of their games this season and I've seen them come out flying for the first 25-30 minutes but they've been unable to convert their chances. Cotterill hasn't once shut up shop and they've gone at opponents right from the off. I don't like him as a manager or as a person but that doesn't mean I'm blinded to the point of ignorance.

Uwe Rosler even made the point in his pre-match build up, they come out quickly and it's important for his team to be ready..they stormed league one and historically over the last couple of years, teams that have stormed league one have done very well in the championship.

We're not THAT different you and I, we both like to think we know our stuff, we both push a point until everyone else gives up through fear of dying through boredom. I see one major difference, you've got to have an opinion even on something you haven't seen and that opinion has to be right.

You've got some knowledge pal, but people don't like arrogance unless it's backed up with achievement. If you want to get into football so badly, then push through with it. Do something about it, work for free at a club or something like that, send them one of your dossiers on a player.. talent always rises to the top mate and if you're convinced you're good enough you should be knocking down doors to prove it.

I'll give you a reply a bit later Ronnie. Game-time now. Let's hope Bent scores a hatful.

He's quite quick but not exceptionally so. His finishing isn't good. He scores some good goals but misses chances too. 

My biggest problem on what I have seen is his positional sense and runs. He almost marks the full back, looking for balls over the top. He doesn't give us width and doesn't make runs inside the full back. I would like to see his amount of touches in a game, I would imagine only Bent has less.

Can you name any striker in the world that does not miss chances?

Why have we signed Weimann?

We already knew a pacy poacher who can't hold the ball up doesn't fit our main system.

We can't play as a wide man in a front 3, making Russell look like Hazard,

Was it because we could?

For those who think this is harsh, ask yourself this question. If someone offered the £2m we paid for him would you take it?  

Really poor post, or a WUM, from a poster I thought had some class. 

Archived