Jake Buxton

DCFC1388

Clement has stated in interviews that he wants to see Buxton play because he's heard a lot about him and his play style.

That's were you should look at Clement's fingers to see if they are crossed. He's a fibber you know.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is only one way that Buxton would be going to Birmingham City and that is if we sell him as part exchange for someone after Clement has had a very good look at him. Who is there worth signing at Birmingham. Only Demerai Gray and no-one apart from me is saying that we want Demerai Gray.

Could be that Birmingham previously went in for him, Buxton rejected as he wants to stay at Derby, then the club bought Shackell and now Brum are reviewing the situation and going in for him again.

Wouldn't be the first time a player has initially said no, only to go and sign with X club afterwards.

Have we actually sold any one yet? I'm suprised to be honest. Then again looks that we may just have replaced the ones who left. Still need a winger as Mel pointed out a few weeks ago.

We've released and loaned. Selling requires someone to be interested in buying. The players we're happy to let go (if there are any), no-one seems to want, and the players people want we don't want to let go. That's the assumption anyway.

We've released and loaned. Selling requires someone to be interested in buying. The players we're happy to let go (if there are any), no-one seems to want, and the players people want we don't want to let go. That's the assumption anyway.

I think possibly it's more complex than that... I think the fact that we're fairly well off financially means we don't need to accept low offers for our players... So if we're setting (for example) an asking price of say £1m for Bucko that prices out most of League 1 and a fair amount of the championship... 

I think possibly it's more complex than that... I think the fact that we're fairly well off financially means we don't need to accept low offers for our players... So if we're setting (for example) an asking price of say £1m for Bucko that prices out most of League 1 and a fair amount of the championship... 

That's the definition of not "wanting" to sell, though. If we wanted to sell, we wouldn't price people out.

That's the definition of not "wanting" to sell, though. If we wanted to sell, we wouldn't price people out.

Hmmmm I'm not entirely sure I'd agree with that... If we said "we want £100m for Bucko" (fair price IMHO) then that would be a statement of not wanting to sell... I think there's a difference between pricing everyone out (we don't wanna sell) vs pricing some people out (we'll only sell for the right price)

I honestly think a Brentford, Burnley or QPR couldn't go wrong with a Bucko at the back...

Although Jake Buxton joining Birmingham City would not be a surprising move for any party, the notion of him not playing due to an imminent transfer makes no sense. Jake has suffered many injuries over the last few seasons. Gary Rowett would surely want to be sure he was fit before shelling out? I would have thought that Rowett would have insisted that he played a couple of pre-season games before finalising any transfer.

Sometimes a player who has been injured gets overtaken by changes made whilst he has been unavailable such that getting his place back is difficult.  At a certain age and for a player who loves to play, a fresh start at a new club where he is going straight into  the side is preferable to  weeks on the bench . Such a player goes with grateful thanks and well wishes for the future and the expectation that things will work out successfully for him at his new club. Joining Rowett at Birmingham could be the best solution for Jake.much as he loves the Rams  -   and we love him.

Archived