Jake Buxton

DCFC1388

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Shackell and Keogh deal makes zero sense. 

It's made up. It makes Shackell extremely expensive for a CB of his age with his contract and one season top flight experience

So I wouldn't base ideas around that.

Could see Buxton being moved on, to be honest.

If we bought in Shackell with Keogh, Pearce, Albentosa, Buxton and Rawson, then we are going to have too many senior CBs.  Therefore, Buxton looks to be the obvious one to move on and you still have 4 decent players fighting for two spaces and Rawson as the young back up.

Can see Clement letting Buxton go - especially if we got £1m for him. We all love Buxton dearly, but I don't think anybody can disagree that Shackell would be a step up? 

This should indicate we're going for someone else at CB at least, be it Shackell or not!

Strange...a guy that randomly posts to derby pages on Facebook said this was going to happen. He claimed that bucko had told him that a move to Birmingham was to be finalised within two weeks (this being the 2nd week)

Can see Clement letting Buxton go - especially if we got £1m for him. We all love Buxton dearly, but I don't think anybody can disagree that Shackell would be a step up? 

This should indicate we're going for someone else at CB at least, be it Shackell or not!

For me i would sell Buxton, if the Shackell and Keogh deal when through then Shackell Pearce Albentosa would all be ahead of him and I think this season Rawson will be an option too

You are all going on the list with Pike.

We are no longer a midtable team who needs a CB just because of his passion, we are aiming for promotion so for that we need quality amd ability...time for Buxton to move on and the club to move forward, similar situation to Ward in my opinion

List the defenders at the club and Bucko is still in the top two or three, and certainly the best left sided.

Selling him unless he wants to go would be madness.

On what we've seen, Shotton and Albentosa aren't remotely up to it. Swapping Keogh for Shackell and selling Bucko would weaken us significantly. Therefore, I'm out and slightly grumpy about the whole suggestion.

We are no longer a midtable team who needs a CB just because of his passion, we are aiming for promotion so for that we need quality amd ability...time for Buxton to move on and the club to move forward, similar situation to Ward in my opinion

yes agree with this even though it hurts to accept it that it probably is time to let him go and focus on players that are at top of this level and would be able to play in the prem.

although it would be a very sad day if Bucko was to leave

Archived