Jake Buxton

DCFC1388

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buxton is a solid, reliable defender. We greatly missed him last season when he was unavailable. He has less mistakes in him than Keogh. I would argue he is probably our best defender atm. To let him leave even if we brought in Shackell would be a mistake. 

If you want to praise buxton then praise buxton, but don't keep praising him by simultaneously having a go at keogh.

I don't want to see Buxton and Keogh leave. I'm not too bothered about the rest of our central defenders but I really don't want those to leave. 

Both are proven to a good standard at this level and both can play football - it's an unbelievably rare breed. 

I would not be at all surprised if Pearce is a mark down on both. I know Shackell is better, but we shouldn't be considering it. 

If we received a daft offer £1.5-£2m then I could see the value, otherwise we're ripping an important character out of the side because he may not be first choice - even though I have no doubts he would play a good amount. 

If people watched more neutral games at this level then you would understand why I'd be hugely reluctant to let these two go. 

I hate being a mod.

I have the power to ban anyone who calls another poster a ****, but not allowed to abuse someone who doesn't admit that Jake is just below Todd and McFarland in the Derby defensive hierarchy over the last 40 years.

Booooooooo 

I have the power to ban anyone who calls another poster a ****, but not allowed to abuse someone who doesn't admit that Jake is just below Todd and McFarland in the Derby defensive hierarchy over the last 40 years.

Think you missed out Igor.....

Unless a decent offer comes in, we'd be mad to get rid of a decent-standard Championship defender who's probbaly on low wages, would be happy to contribute as a squad player and never leaves the field having not given 100%.

I'd much rather Bixton as back-up to our centre-back pairing than Pearce.

But if we sign Shackell, I can see Jake leaving unfortunately.

Apart from manhandling at set pieces I prefer Buxton to Keogh

If you manhandle my piece when it's set or not, there'll be trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived