Jake Buxton

DCFC1388

This conversation/point of view has been stated (although not always as eloquently) every single time we have signed a new centre-half (:P). I.e. it signals the end for Sir Jake, but every time, the local hero has forced his way back into the side.

One day, it will be true. My guess is not yet.

I really do think this time it's getting real close.... As for eloquence.... Makes a change from my usual slapdash approach to matters

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't agree with Keogh as I like centre halves to be a tad calmer than he is. It will be interesting to see how Shackell has changed in the time that he has been away with different coaches etc. Buxton has a disadvantage of being out of the pre-season teams with the new coach, I think he will want to stick around to try and get a place but if it doesn't happen, I agree that he will be better served by playing regularly elsewhere in the Championship.

With Keogh... I see where you're coming from, but I do rare him still, and having no captaincy may be the making of him.

All a bit irrelevant as Buxton isn't yet fit as Clement has stated on his Ramsplayer latest interview. 

Very relevant... Still plays for Derby, just having an opinion on who will go and stay and for what reason... You think he might force his way back in?

Very relevant... Still plays for Derby, just having an opinion on who will go and stay and for what reason... You think he might force his way back in?

He has a chance if he gets fit but how long is that taking. 

Wouldnt write him off just yet though as he has a habit of bouncing back. 

He has a chance if he gets fit but how long is that taking. 

Wouldnt right him off just yet though as he has a habit of bouncing back. 

he does... And hope he proves me wrong 

Buxton gets written off every year. Always comes back and is consistantly our best defender. Was written off when he first came and will continue to be written off. FIFA 15 players always like flair bright boot wearing types. No nonsense defenders build stable defences. 

Would be gutted to lose him. Is far better than Shotton and imo far better at defending than Keogh. The season is long and will have its neg periods. He will rally the troops and always but his body on the line. 

I really do think this time it's getting real close.... As for eloquence.... Makes a change from my usual slapdash approach to matters

Everyone has their moment in the sun, Mafiabob.

Something something monkeys typewriters.

Archived