SIGNED: Scott Carson

Ramble On

Scott Carson signing prediction   

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Because if we're looking to replace Grant, surely we should go for someone a lot better than him rather than someone very similar like Carson (maybe even worse). And I know I'm not the one paying the wages, but Carson will almost certainly be on high wages so I would have thought Evans could have found someone much better for whatever amount Carson will be on

Name one.... And how much we expect to pay.... ?

Is this anti-Carson tone coming from a protective love of Lee Grant? I cant see why so many don't rate Carson? To those who don't rate him..........................why?

​I just don't see him as a big enough upgrade on Grant. I think they're on par and Carson would almost certainly command higher wages than Grant, so if we were to sign a new keeper, I'd have thought there would be better keepers out there at a similar cost

​I just don't see him as a big enough upgrade on Grant. I think they're on par and Carson would almost certainly command higher wages than Grant, so if we were to sign a new keeper, I'd have thought there would be better keepers out there at a similar cost

Doesn't matter if you do, I bet Eric STEELE does. 

TobyWanKenobi

Nothing against signing a goalkeeper, and nothing against Lee Grant at all, he's a decent keeper at this level, but nothing greater than that. If we can improve on Grant I see no reason in not doing so, all that said, is a goalkeeper who has flopped quite a lot, and recently got relegated from the Championship really an improvement on Grant?

​Because if we're looking to replace Grant, surely we should go for someone a lot better than him rather than someone very similar like Carson (maybe even worse). And I know I'm not the one paying the wages, but Carson will almost certainly be on high wages so I would have thought Evans could have found someone much better for whatever amount Carson will be on

​We're still in the Championship though, so someone a lot better than Grant will be very difficult to attract, no matter how good our scouting team may be. 

For me, having two keepers who can genuinely challenge each other à la Poom and Hoult is a brilliant place to be. Though Roos has looked good from what little I've seen of him, he still has a long way to go, whilst Carson would be a genuine contender for the number 1 spot. 

Name one.... And how much we expect to pay.... ?

​Well I'd hope Evans would be able to do this job, but I'll give it a go ;)

Wes Foderingham - free agent after choosing to leave Swindon and is wanted by half the Championship. Was one of the best keepers in league 1 last season. Doubt his wages would be anywhere near Carson, but I'm not an agent so wouldn't know

Didn't see this one coming.

I'm hardly blown away by this but I'd prefer Grant or any player for that matter to have competition. We should look to send Roos on loan - he needs game time and we've got that other lad who used to play for Newcastle in the U-21's.

Competition between 2 experienced goalies? Yeah seems fair enough to me. The best decision in the goalkeeping department we could make is keeping hold of Eric Steele.

Hammer, nail, head. 2 very experienced keepers, with Carson coming in on the cheap hoping to prove himself as he is still only 30 but represented England at every competitive level.

If money is being shelled out significantly, I am happy if it is on Ince, Weimann, another defender perhaps, and a good CDM. We don't need to spend large sums on keepers this season.

As for Roos, a number of games in the first division in the first 6 months of next year will be ideal to assess whether he has got what it takes to displace Grant or Carson.

I think there is

​What is it? Another big name on decent money and he's not even better than what we already have. Grant and Roos are fine as a number 1 and two. I'd love an upgrade but only if the right player became available. 

​If we had to go one up from Grant, Jonathan Bond? 22ish I say 4million

Butland for about 6million but as @RLACML said, why replace him

Whose saying we are replacing him? Maybe better competition and may buck Grants ideas up.... And I don't think you find a championship club will spend 4 million pounds on a GK. 

​Well I'd hope Evans would be able to do this job, but I'll give it a go ;)

Wes Foderingham - free agent after choosing to leave Swindon and is wanted by half the Championship. Was one of the best keepers in league 1 last season. Doubt his wages would be anywhere near Carson, but I'm not an agent so wouldn't know

​To be fair if it's between us and Birmingham I don't think we're going to spend a huge amount on wages for him.

Archived