Alan Nixon summer 2015 rumours

Ambitious

it took Hughes up until this season to get stronger and adapt, he wasn't as strong on the ball at 16 as he is now is he?? Odegaards 16 and would be with us for the season, he's hardly going to turn into the bloody Incredible Hulk in that time is he? Hence me saying pointless loan signing 

​I disagree (not that he'll be coming anyway).  I would argue that Odegaard is 3/4 times better, technically, than Hughes so he doesn't need to worry about being bullied.  The moment he has the ball, his vision and skill will ensure he can get away from the danger of a sluggish Championship CB.  I am not saying he would not get clattered, Hughes still does, but to see a loan of someone of that calibre as useless due to him not being an amateur boxer is incredibly shortsighted. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​We will have:

Right backs - Christie + Shotton

Left backs - Forsyth + Warnock

Centre backs - Keogh + Albentosa + Buxton + Shotton + Pearce (If he joins)

All of those above other than maybe Christie will be on larger wages (in terms of the Championship) and I really doubt we'll bring in any more unless any of those leave first.

​for us to get promoted they need to improve a lot from last season

Had a peek at Nixon's twitter and here's a few things he'd had to say

• Ince is not on Newcastle's list of transfer targets
  • Hull and Derby both looking at different figures for Ince despite supposed 'fixed fee'
  • Ince's wages would be higher than Bent's! :blink:
  • Difficult to get Lowton and Weimann deals done because Villa are in the middle of a take over
  • Same applies for Hendrick to Villa deal ^
  • Micah Richards is close to signing for Villa but not as a replacement for Lowton as they intent to use Richards as a centre back
  • The Russell to Cardiff rumours aren't anything but Russell would look to leave if he thought he'd have to be a backup

Had a peek at Nixon's twitter and here's a few things he'd had to say

• Ince is not on Newcastle's list of transfer targets
  • Hull and Derby both looking at different figures for Ince despite supposed 'fixed fee'
  • Ince's wages would be higher than Bent's! :blink:
  • Difficult to get Lowton and Weimann deals done because Villa are in the middle of a take over
  • Same applies for Hendrick to Villa deal ^
  • Micah Richards is close to signing for Villa but not as a replacement for Lowton as they intent to use Richards as a centre back
  • The Russell to Cardiff rumours aren't anything but Russell would look to leave if he thought he'd have to be a backup

I am disappointed that no one has given you a like for this Cam. I find it tiresome just occasionally reading his published newspaper articles, but you are Twitter stalking beyond the call of duty.  I think by the way if I was Ince I would want more than Bent too.

I am disappointed that no one has given you a like for this Cam. I find it tiresome just occasionally reading his published newspaper articles, but you are Twitter stalking beyond the call of duty.  I think by the way if I was Ince I would want more than Bent too.

​Well, basically he was summarising what Nixon was saying, and he seems to live in Oppositeland now, so perhaps we need a 'dislike' button?

It better be someone worth it - after spending a while claiming we should replace Grant, I've had the audacity to rewatch his performances and rethink. He doesn't need replacing - he was a wall with the agility of a cat for the first half of last year. A good dressing room influence too!

Well it won't be that Adam Bogdan chap at Bolton, he's just signed for Liverpool which surprised me to be honest.

Granty's a difficult one though, we've seen what he's capable of good and bad, what do you do ? Persevere because of the good...or cut your losses because of the bad ? 

I'm leaning towards the former at the minute but admit I have thought otherwise mainly towards the end of last season, just glad it's not my decision to make really. 

Archived