Alan Nixon summer 2015 rumours

Ambitious

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i read somewhere in an interview that he was an alcoholic, and used to show up to training/games drunk or hungover and that's the reason for his behaviour. 

Ah why can't people just be happy drunks. 

Also what's his brother for to do with him? 

The fact that he (Joey Barton) is an alcoholic has nothing to do with his demeanour on the pitch - case in point, Paul McGrath who is an alcoholic, was often 'out of it' on the field of play (by his own admission) yet was still the best defender I have seen in 20 years.

The fact that his brother (Michael Barton) is a racist thug currently serving a 17 year sentence for murder also has no relevance to Joey Barton's demeanour on the field of play - it isn't genetic.

I was just introducing one irrelevance to suggest that another point was equally irrelevant.

There is an alternative to Shackell. U want a right back too. Midfield with legs and goals. Winger or even two. Poss target man.

I'd dare say that the hunt for another RB as well as a CB might push Shotton out.

Midfield will probably see one of Bryson or Hendrick going - probably the latter given the Villa links.

Wingers are a given, seeing as we only have Russell on the books.

Target man is a strange one though, having signed Bent and still having Martin.. 

Wait, I under the impression Ince was off to Newcastle. Either Nixon is horribly wrong, or horribly right!

Though there haven't been many reports on Newcastle's pursuit - just rumour circulation. 

Jota, anybody?

I'd have guessed Jota would be our second choice should we miss out on Ince, wouldn't mind either tbh!

We are gonna be pushing 10 million on fees paid if we get the players rumoured.

That would be massive investment for a Championship club without the protection of parachute payments.

I think the board know that if we fail this season, Hughes will be sold next summer to recoup the losses.

Ince, Weimann, Shackell, Right Back, left back, midfielder

Thats 6 without thinking 

more likely to be another forward than a left back, based on Nicko's other predictions, plus Fozzy is good enough with decent back up. Don't need world beaters at every position

Archived