Alan Nixon summer 2015 rumours

Ambitious

Nixon said our ambitious CB target from a few weeks ago is going elsewhere...turns out it was Robert Huth but he is going/staying at Leicester

​Indeed. It's odd because I couldn't understand why we weren't going for Huth last season when we were desperate for an experienced commanding brute at the back to organize the defence, and it looked for all the world he was going on loan to the gumps because no one else wanted him - then Leicester stepped in at the death. Obviously he's done well, but he was a clear fit for us back then - a bit late in the day for the recruitment team to have targeted him.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huth would have been a ridiculous signing at this level. With Albentosa, though, I would be looking for a more mobile CB. We definitely need a footballer, I wouldn't pigeon hole Huth in that category.

Huth would have pretty much condemned Albentosa to the bench.

Huth would have been a ridiculous signing at this level. With Albentosa, though, I would be looking for a more mobile CB. We definitely need a footballer, I wouldn't pigeon hole Huth in that category.

Huth would have pretty much condemned Albentosa to the bench.

​not so sure we need mobility, there isn't the same pace at this level as in the PL. I'd much rather have a good reader of the game who makes the right decisions and doesn't panic. We have mobility with Keogh and it doesn't do that much against the clever players.

​Indeed. It's odd because I couldn't understand why we weren't going for Huth last season when we were desperate for an experienced commanding brute at the back to organize the defence, and it looked for all the world he was going on loan to the gumps because no one else wanted him - then Leicester stepped in at the death. Obviously he's done well, but he was a clear fit for us back then - a bit late in the day for the recruitment team to have targeted him.

Huth. Will not drop to the championship, I asked someone very close to him about going to Derby last season and his reply was that he would stay in the Prem, one thing I do know is that he doesn't appear to like Stoke. I will try to find out more but the last I heard he was enjoying himself at Leicester.

before you ask, I cannot get any info on any other player. If I find out he was or is going to Derby I will post it ASAP

PistoldPete2

Nixon saying there will be a story in Sunday's paper regarding a possible 'in', that he describes as 'bizarre' and a 'decent story'...

A bizarre in? Nigel Clough as assistant to clement? 

Archived