Alan Nixon summer 2015 rumours

Ambitious

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's this Barton rumour come from, other than someone claiming to know Roger Davies son I can't see any valid source to claim there's anything in this 

Read some tweets from Nixon he says Barton wants Prem but wouldn't rule out Derby, would cost us a lot on wages though. Would make my summer if this happens! 

Right now looks like ... rb, cb, mid with legs, two wide men, target man strangely.

I for one hope Nixon is right on this: two wide men (Ince and Weimann) target man (like-for-like cover for Martin), RB needs to be good (Lowton), CB needs to be worth signing (Shackell is) and CM needs to be defensive (Barton).

Read some tweets from Nixon he says Barton wants Prem but wouldn't rule out Derby, would cost us a lot on wages though. Would make my summer if this happens! 

​I too am thrilled at the prospect of having a convicted criminal at the club... oh wait, strangely, I'm not!

A man jailed for punching a teenager 20 times, leaving him with broken teeth is a great role model to have at the club. If we're lucky, he might even relive former glories and Jamie Hanson might receive a cigar burn to the eyelid.

​I too am thrilled at the prospect of having a convicted criminal at the club... oh wait, strangely, I'm not!

A man jailed for punching a teenager 20 times, leaving him with broken teeth is a great role model to have at the club. If we're lucky, he might even relive former glories and Jamie Hanson might receive a cigar burn to the eyelid.

​People change. He has clearly matured as a player and hardly gets into any grief on the pitch now. If we had someone like Barton last season we would have walked that league. A midfielder that would make a challenge not stand and watch players run straight past them.

Take it you're not happy Chris Martin is at the club then?

Take it you're not happy Chris Martin is at the club then?

​Barton has shown his malicious side on multiple occasions while it seems Martin did react in the heat of the moment.

There is a world of difference between Martin's 1 mistake and Barton's multiple offences of which he has been sent to prison for...

His criminal record says a lot about the nature of the offences as compared to Chris Martin!

​Barton has shown his malicious side on multiple occasions while it seems Martin did react in the heat of the moment.

There is a world of difference between Martin's 1 mistake and Barton's multiple offences of which he has been sent to prison for...

His criminal record says a lot about the nature of the offences as compared to Chris Martin!

I would say there's a criminal record each for violence.... 

Been a long time since Barton has been in trouble.... Same for Martin.

He has got married had a kid.... He may give it out on Twitter Etc nowadays... But that's all he does...

Does seem a man who has learned the error of his ways. Paid the price with imprisonment. And has come out the other side.

Also a regular at support groups too.

Maybe a divvy to some. But people do change....

I imagine any number of footy hoolies from yesteryear have changed....

I would say there's a criminal record each for violence.... 

Been a long time since Barton has been in trouble.... Same for Martin.

He has got married had a kid.... He may give it out on Twitter Etc nowadays... But that's all he does...

Does seem a man who has learned the error of his ways. Paid the price with imprisonment. And has come out the other side.

Also a regular at support groups too.

Maybe a divvy to some. But people do change....

I imagine any number of footy hoolies from yesteryear have changed....

he doesn't drink anymore. 

Isn't that like saying that Joey Barton's brother doesn't murder people any more?

i read somewhere in an interview that he was an alcoholic, and used to show up to training/games drunk or hungover and that's the reason for his behaviour. 

Ah why can't people just be happy drunks. 

Also what's his brother for to do with him? 

Archived