Raul Albentosa

Ashz09

Lots of chat on here about him replacing Bucko. I think he will be competing directly with Keogh. Shotton is Buxton's replacement

Don't see Shotton as Bucko's replacement -he really struggles on the left side of the defence. To be honest, I struggle to find any role for him if Albentosa arrives.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only reason why Shotton is seen as Bucko's competition is because Keogh won't get dropped because actually Shotton is right sided too. Same as Raul. Really good centre halfs can play both sides, not just one.

Raul looks comfortable with the ball so he will be our best option what ever side.

So Keogh Raul is the one.

It should be, if he lives up to the billing, Raul and Buxton. However, I'm not naive enough to think Keogh will be dropped.

It will be Keogh and Raul, unless Keogh does have a seriously bad spell of games. 

Or when his eyes inevitably pop out during a post match interview.

Only reason why Shotton is seen as Bucko's competition is because Keogh won't get dropped because actually Shotton is right sided too. Same as Raul. Really good centre halfs can play both sides, not just one.

Raul looks comfortable with the ball so he will be our best option what ever side.

Here we are underestimating buckenbauer again. The impressive thing about Bucko is that we always assume any new defender coming in will be coming to replace him, but at every new level, he steps up and ends up keeping his place.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets in with this new challenge to his position.

Here we are underestimating buckenbauer again. The impressive thing about Bucko is that we always assume any new defender coming in will be coming to replace him, but at every new level, he steps up and ends up keeping his place.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets in with this new challenge to his position.

People always say that but I dont know if Bucko was injured that season but Jason Shackell held that position for an entire season

Lots of chat on here about him replacing Bucko. I think he will be competing directly with Keogh. Shotton is Buxton's replacement   

Albentosa is a right sided centre back so I would agree, I think he'll be replacing Keogh.

That brings up the issue of whether we're merely creating healthy competition in the squad or whether Keogh's leaving?

Any idea when this will actually be a done deal?

Early next week apparently. It all depends on how long it takes the two clubs to agree how the fee is paid.

Hopefully we've already agreed the terms so all that would be left would be for him to come to Derby (hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday) and have a medical.

Hopefully a good bit of business akin to Stimac if this goes thru, signing players hopefully good enough for the top flight now (NOT Billy style in that January though!) - looks composed on the ball and a decent defender from what clips of him there are (although most players in the clips look composed on the ball - something Bris has been banging on about for a couple of years tbf).

Not sure why everyone thinks that 1 will go with his arrival - we need 2 for every position and in addition someone like Shotton who is versatile! What's the squad size for the prem? 25 over the age of 20 or something along those lines, do we have that many yet?

This is planning for the Prem as I can't see Whitbread and Naylor hear after this season,

although I see Shotton  Buxton  Albentosa and Keogh as all fighting for 2 places, and

plenty of rotation (horses for courses)

Can't wait to see who the other left back is going to be??

Absolutely deluded if you think Albentosa replaces Keogh. He is our captain and is the best Center Back at the club currently by a distance. He has been tremendous for the last 2 years and his leadership is superb. I love Buxton and although harsh on him being left out, it will definitely be the case once Albentosa settles. McClaren already proved he is looking to replace Bucko by giving Shotton a run of games there, however that didn't work out so he is moving to Albentosa to fill the void.

Not knocking Buxton at all but some people on here are a disgrace with their attitude to Keogh. Superb leader of the club in what has been a highly successful 2 years!

Like Jake Buxton, you mean?

Buxton is our best centre half but I don't think we'll be dropping Keogh anytime soon. It'll be interesting to see what we do this summer as we might need another quality defender for the premier league. That would probably mean Whitbread and another leaving.

Archived