Raul Albentosa

Ashz09

Yeah, this is my thinking. Burnley looking competitive changes things quite a bit from before the season started. 9 teams looks like they could drop from Everton down. We're also still in the pack at the moment having failed to open up a lead in the automatics.

Hope I'm wrong obviously.

Burnley have signed michael keane since they were interested in keogh.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first task for him in that position is to learn some English.

Or we could learn some spanish.....

Mi hombre

Tu hombre

Le voy a romper tu pierna

It will be interesting to see where the big bloke fits in.

I think he might be on the bench.

This signing might be in case we don't go up and there is an agreement to let keogh go.

I would think he'll start as third choice right CB?

It gives us more options.....remember keogh can also play RB in a crisis.

(I'd prefer keogh at RB to shotton).

Why would Albentosa agree to leave Eibar in the top flight of Spanish football, to sit on the bench all season for us?

He'll be made to wait to earn his spot in the team but I would imagine he's been bought to become a first team regular. From the looks of it, he's better than Keogh anyway.

Why would Albentosa agree to leave Eibar in the top flight of Spanish football, to sit on the bench all season for us?

He'll be made to wait to earn his spot in the team but I would imagine he's been bought to become a first team regular. From the looks of it, he's better than Keogh anyway.

He's had 6 months in La Liga

12 months in the spanish second division

2 seasons in the spanish third division.

And thats it.

I.e. He hasn't been on alot of money.

There was an article in a spanish newspaper or magazine which said that the championship was now a very attractive option to spanish players - even from La Liga.

The figures quotes suggested that even at brentford and derby they could be earning 3, 4 or 5 times as much here.

Keogh and Raul first choice, Buxton top quality competition/cover and Shotton our utility CB/RB/DCM. Doesn't get much better.

I agree, how long has it been since we had a back four that can be argued as one of the best in the division? If you include Albentosa then I expect all four of our CB options (not including Whitbread here) would be starters for 95% of the sides in this division. Fantastic progress.

He'll need to be good to replace Buxton. I think SM might well look back at the Leeds and Middlesborough away games and wonder whether he got it right by picking Shotton. Nice to see Bucko back in his rightful place.

Anyway, it's a win win situation. If Raul is better than Buxton, then he's very good.

There are flights leaving Bilbao for Heathrow every day! It's quite a big city!!

In Spain TV money is sorted by the clubs, not spread out like the Premiership. Therefore, the smaller clubs get substantially less compared to the likes of Madrid and Barca. So the revenue of clubs in La Liga who are small teams is extremely low. Given where Eibar have come from I'm going to suggest Albentosa has gone from two grand to ten grand a week, and another five or so if we go get promoted. The fact we seem to have got him ahead of other Premiership clubs is a massive coup. Well done Chris Evana if it lumen gas through.

Interesting to note know that with the fact the club are requesting Albentosa to pay the clause - I read the same thing happened with Ander Herrera. His transfer was

Because that's the sort of player that lacks a love for the game or passion for the club.

He probably has agreed to move to hopefully play in the PL for us and cement himself as a solid player at the top level.

There's mercenary players no doubt there. But I don't think making money and having affection for a particular club are mutually exclusive. Quite a few people on here have said they'd love to play for Derby but if a bigger team came calling they'd leave

There are flights leaving Bilbao for Heathrow every day! It's quite a big city!!

In Spain TV money is sorted by the clubs, not spread out like the Premiership. Therefore, the smaller clubs get substantially less compared to the likes of Madrid and Barca. So the revenue of clubs in La Liga who are small teams is extremely low. Given where Eibar have come from I'm going to suggest Albentosa has gone from two grand to ten grand a week, and another five or so if we go get promoted. The fact we seem to have got him ahead of other Premiership clubs is a massive coup. Well done Chris Evana if it lumen gas through.

Interesting to note know that with the fact the club are requesting Albentosa to pay the clause - I read the same thing happened with Ander Herrera. His transfer was

Archived