Raul Albentosa

Ashz09

That makes it as clear as daylight. Really happy with this signing.

Even a tweet from our old friend Rusty said Hola Raul with sheep emojis :D

Albentosa must be German then 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we losing one of Keogh/Bucko?

Why should we?

Does signing Bent mean that we are selling Martin? Does signing Ssewankambo mean that we are selling Christie?

We need a minimum of 2 players for each position. That means 4 centre backs, I make that Keogh, Buxton, Shotton, Albentosa. Whitbread cannot be relied on. Barker will probably not play again.

No need for either Keogh or Buxton to leave in my view.

Why should we?

Does signing Bent mean that we are selling Martin? Does signing Ssewankambo mean that we are selling Christie?

Well... we've just signed Shotton permanently, and Albentosa seems like a signing for the XI.

Bent is on loan and we have no real cover, even just playing one striker, for CM.

Why should we?

Probably putting two and two together that Burnley were interested in summer, they've had a lot of defensive injuries and they look like staying up if they can carry on grinding out the results against those around them and if they keep Ings so it wouldn't shock me if they came in for him. Though I don't think he'll leave.

Well... we've just signed Shotton permanently, and Albentosa seems like a signing for the XI.

Bent is on loan and we have no real cover, even just playing one striker, for CM.

Think Whitbread would probably be released. Don't forget that Shotton is also seen as a RB by the management team - he's played there three times.

I'd say until we sign Albentosa, we're still short at the back. Shotton can then concentrate on competing with Christie and maybe even Ssewankambo for the RB position, and we should always have three decent CBs fit at any one time.

It will be interesting to see where the big bloke fits in.

I think he might be on the bench.

This signing might be in case we don't go up and there is an agreement to let keogh go.

I would think he'll start as third choice right CB?

It gives us more options.....remember keogh can also play RB in a crisis.

(I'd prefer keogh at RB to shotton).

Probably putting two and two together that Burnley were interested in summer, they've had a lot of defensive injuries and they look like staying up if they can carry on grinding out the results against those around them and if they keep Ings so it wouldn't shock me if they came in for him. Though I don't think he'll leave.

Yeah, this is my thinking. Burnley looking competitive changes things quite a bit from before the season started. 9 teams looks like they could drop from Everton down. We're also still in the pack at the moment having failed to open up a lead in the automatics.

Hope I'm wrong obviously.

It will be interesting to see where the big bloke fits in.

I think he might be on the bench.

This signing might be in case we don't go up and there is an agreement to let keogh go.

I would think he'll start as third choice right CB?

It gives us more options.....remember keogh can also play RB in a crisis.

(I'd prefer keogh at RB to shotton).

I don't think we've signed anyone and put them straight into the XI unless it's mandated by injury like Butland or they're a replacement for a departing player like Christie. Thorne was made to wait a long time, Bent was parked on the bench when many managers would have given him his debut and it took a while for Mascarell to get his first league start. I think it will be a while before we get an answer.

The first task for him in that position is to learn some English.

Archived