Derby have rejected two bids from Bournemouth for striker Johnny Russell - Peter O'Rourke (Sky Sports)

Cam the Ram

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only speak to my source when I see him ( obviously ) and that is very rarely. Once a year maybe... I normally only see him when I go to a particular away game.

You perhaps could speak to this GOOD source on the telephone, or perhaps if you can't talk you young'uns I understand know how to text, or communicate via Facebook or Twitter? Otherwise I look forward to your next post around this time next year. In the mean time good luck with your GCSE's.

Really hope there's no truth in this.

I do think he's a proper talent and would make the move up.

So what if there is truth?

We've rejected the bids. We don't want to sell.

It's flattering that teams want our players and that's because they're good.

I agree.

His assists for Bryson last saturday and Ward in the first half.

Great cross for martin art carlisle.

He also Put in some great balls into the box against charlton midweek, only for Best to never be anywhere near them.

With Martin and a Bryson breaking into the box we would have scored well before 87 mins.

So what if there is truth?

We've rejected the bids. We don't want to sell.

It's flattering that teams want our players and that's because they're good.

What a massively condescending point to make.

I express that I'd be unhappy for him to leave.

And you use that as a way of marginalising yourself into a position of smug superiority!

Nice!

Must have made you feel great!

I have to admit that if the current market is anything to go by, if we est value of Rams players based on ability, influence, age, etc my take would be as follows:

Granty - 1M

Christie - 1M

Forsyth - 1.8M

Bryson - 6M

Hendrick - 8M

Bucko - 2M

Keogh - 2M (based on contract run down)

Hughes - 10M

Russell - 1.5M

Ward - 1.8M

Martin - 10-12M

Eustace 100,000

Whitbread - 500,000

Dawkins - 1M

Over valued yes but based on some of the ludicrous sums thrown around Martin, Hendrick and Hughes would only move for top dollar. Rest of squad bar Christie and probably Forsyth have plateaud and wont increase in value .

I have to admit that if the current market is anything to go by, if we est value of Rams players based on ability, influence, age, etc my take would be as follows:

Granty - 1M

Christie - 1M

Forsyth - 1.8M

Bryson - 6M

Hendrick - 8M

Bucko - 2M

Hughes - 10M

Russell - 1.5M

Ward - 1.8M

Martin - 10-12M

Eustace 100,000

Whitbread - 500,000

Dawkins - 1M

Over valued yes but based on some of the ludicrous sums thrown around Martin, Hendrick and Hughes would only move for top dollar. Rest of squad bar Christie and probably Forsyth have plateaud and wont increase in value .

Only Grant and Eustace prices are anything close to what we would get if we sold.  

And you use that as a way of marginalising yourself into a position of smug superiority!

Nice!

Time of the month or something?

I was not being condescending.

Russell has the ability to completely unlock defences that none of our other wingers have. At Wembley and Wednesday away he showcased that perfectly, we didn't have any clear chances until he started doing this.

You're also forgetting that players IMPROVE. We're still a few games into the season, not everyone's quite back to complete sharpness yet and some don't have a goal to their name yet, something that would definitely settle Russell in nicely. We saw a very different JR in the patch after he got a long awaited goal against Forest, I expect he'll be more like that player this season if he stays fit.

Why is it that players simular to ours tend to sell for obscene amounts of money, but whenever we talk about selling our players the media and our fans always talk our players prices down? And we expect to not get decent transfer fees. I actually think Hughes 8m+ Hendrick 5m+ and Martin 6/7m+ are very reasonable judgements of todays market value.

Nice!

It wasn't condescending at all - well, it didn't come over as condescending to me at any rate.

Perhaps that's because I'm not a confrontational touchy troll.

Well, not touchy anyway.

Granty - 1M

Christie - 1M

Forsyth - 1.8M

Bryson - 6M

Hendrick - 8M

Bucko - 2M

Hughes - 10M

Russell - 1.5M

Ward - 1.8M

Martin - 10-12M

Eustace 100,000

Whitbread - 500,000

Dawkins - 1M

Ok i can take a hint. We'll raise Forsyth to 2.5M and Christie to 1.5M. No more though

Time of the month or something?

I was not being condescending.

To be fair, you're right.

You are right.

I hadn't taken my current mental state into account, considering how menstrual I am.

I think I'll just go and cry at an article in Bella or something.

I'll stick Dido on and call my besties!!

Oh hang on a minute!!

I'm a 35 year old man!!

I still like Jonny Russell tho.

And I still hope he doesn't leave.

Granty - 1M

Christie - 1M

Forsyth - 1.8M

Bryson - 6M

Hendrick - 8M

Bucko - 2M

Hughes - 10M

Russell - 1.5M

Ward - 1.8M

Martin - 10-12M

Eustace 100,000

Whitbread - 500,000

Dawkins - 1M

You think Ward is worth more than Russell?   Russell is 4 years younger and is a far better player.

Russell I'd value at around

Archived