Derby have rejected two bids from Bournemouth for striker Johnny Russell - Peter O'Rourke (Sky Sports)

Cam the Ram

He is however an important player for us, and recent transfers in our league have shown worse players going for far more. You buy in the market you sell in, and to undersell our players so drastically in this current market is absolutely comical.

Fleecing West Brom on a transfer for Thorne doesn't suddenly mean we should undervalue Hendrick.

And better players have gone for far less, lets not keep repeating ourselves.

Most of the 'ridiculous fee' type Championship players are strikers/game winners. A decent, workmanlike Championship midfielder like Hendrick is never, ever going to be sold for

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCormack scored a lot of goals last season and successful strikers always fetch a large premium over midfield players. He has started slowly in a poor side but that doesn't detract from the fact that he scored 28 goals in an ordinary Leeds side last time around. Fulham paid eleven million quid based on what he did, his form now is neither here not there and you simply can't compare him and Hendrick.

Based on one season, he was still massively over priced. Who's comparing him with Hendrick?

And better players have gone for far less, lets not keep repeating ourselves.

Most of the 'ridiculous fee' type Championship players are strikers/game winners. A decent, workmanlike Championship midfielder like Hendrick is never, ever going to be sold for

Better players have gone for less with contract disputes, wanting out, contract clauses and other such things. Find me a top end Championship midfield, under the age of 24, a key member of a team with no such issues in the transfer who's gone for "far less" than they're worth in the last year odd. Silly money seems to go on the strikers and wingers because clubs are far more desperate to bring them in quickly it seems, and tend to wait it out for other players more often, but that doesn't suddenly mean that we should undervalue how much players should be worth to this club.

In which case he's not going to be sold. I wouldn't accept

You asked for 'Find me a top end Championship midfield, under the age of 24, a key member of a team with no such issues in the transfer who's gone for "far less" than they're worth in the last year odd'

I dont even know what 'no such issues in the transfer' means so couldnt comment on that point. Admittedly he wasnt under the age of 24, but by about a year, irrelevant to the point you're making. 

Wasnt saying he was worth than what he went for, but it's a good comparison to Hendrick who is never worth

You asked for

Quote mining eh?

This was the quote you're looking for:

Better players have gone for less with contract disputes, wanting out, contract clauses and other such things. Find me a top end Championship midfield, under the age of 24, a key member of a team with no such issues in the transfer who's gone for "far less" than they're worth in the last year odd.

That's the challenge given, carefully note that "no such problems" suddenly makes sense when you're not quote mining. Also note that "wanting out" means, "wanting out", symptoms include transfer requests.

So, to reiterate, try again.

Quote mining eh?

This was the quote you're looking for:

That's the challenge given, carefully note that "no such problems" suddenly makes sense when you're not quote mining. Also note that "wanting out" means, "wanting out", symptoms include transfer requests.

So, to reiterate, try again.

I dont even know what quote mining is so........

We're just going around in circles, many things you think are relevant I've already stated what I think of.

I dont even know what quote mining is so........

We're just going around in circles, many things you think are relevant I've already stated what I think of.

Quote mining is taking a quote out of context to specifically mislead. In this case you took a quote out of context to remove the clause that you didn't like, specifically "wanting out", which a transfer request is a good sign of.

You can feel it's as irrelevant as you want, but you failed the challenge.

Archived