Derby have rejected two bids from Bournemouth for striker Johnny Russell - Peter O'Rourke (Sky Sports)

Cam the Ram

Don't think he has delivered as expected. Not enough end product despite effort.

Happy to keep. Not fussed if he goes and we get someone else in

Last season he managed 8 goals and an assist in under 2000 minutes of play. That's about ~0.41 goals + assists per 90 minutes of play.

No end product...

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnny Russell is overrated on here, I'm sorry but that's the truth.

I don't think he's a particularly good footballer but he's effective. His assists so far this season have been top notch.

I think we should try and keep him. But $2.5million is over his asking price. I'd be extremely disappointed if we bought a player of similar ilk for $2.5m. Those asking for $3m+ are off their rocket, though some of the prices going this summer are ridiculous.

I don't think he's a particularly good footballer but he's effective. His assists so far this season have been top notch.

I think we should try and keep him. But $2.5million is over his asking price. I'd be extremely disappointed if we bought a player of similar ilk for $2.5m. Those asking for $3m+ are off their rocket, though some of the prices going this summer are ridiculous.

it's not the truth - it's an opinion.

I agree about the prices.  But they also reflect what is required to persuade a selling club to let a player go.

In golf they say 'it's now how - but how many.' Effective is good in my book.

and the goal of the season v fore$t. :)

Oh come on, as good a goal as it was plenty of people only voted for it because It was vs forest, if thornes defence splitting pass and Russells cheecky chip was against forest instead that would most likely have won it, saying that, if the vote wasn't before the playoffs I would have definitely have gone for Hughes against brighton

Don't think he'd want to go there though anyway so cant see it happening, step down the ladder really no matter how well they may be playing at the moment.

I'd say he's a useful championship player so worth holding onto for now but couldn't see him starting much in the Premier should we ever get there unless he shows a fair bit of improvement in the interim.

It's not about how much he's worth, it's about how much are we willing to let him go for. 

Archived