Derby have rejected two bids from Bournemouth for striker Johnny Russell - Peter O'Rourke (Sky Sports)

Cam the Ram

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've got money so if he was to leave then it would have to be 5-6m. Completely fleece them.

But I'm not an official club spokesman, and the only thing I want to hear from the official club spokesmen on the topic is "Not for sale, we're keeping the squad together".

Everyone has their price (except Martin), but I really hope Russell is going nowhere. And I don't see us selling him either. We really do need to do our best to keep everyone here for the promotion push.

If this happens I'll eat Boycie's poo. Not a flipping chance. It's like Hazard leaving Chelsea to join west Brom. Kind of.

It would be like Del Piero joining a team in India... oh wait...

...no, it would be like a Championship journeyman commanding a fee in excess of

To push for promotion we need depth in the squad with good options throughout. We've already seen this season that teams are changing their style to counter us so we need the options to keep them guessing. Russell must stay and we must bring in players (without undoing all the good work balancing the finances).

To push for promotion we need depth in the squad with good options throughout. We've already seen this season that teams are changing their style to counter us so we need the options to keep them guessing. Russell must stay and we must bring in players (without undoing all the good work balancing the finances).

Nice to see you sign up to Jean. Probably unlikely, but are you German and have you ever played central defence?

We would be absolutely daft to sell Russell at this point. We are yet to see the best of him in a Derby shirt and once he finds fitness and match sharpness, I fully expect him to be a key player for us. Even last season which was heavily disrupted by injuries, he scored goals and showed glimpses of quality. With a sustained run in the team and being fully fit, I'm sure there is more to come from him. 

That said, the squad has been beefed up considerably over the summer and with the recent arrival of Ibe, there is a lot of competition for places in his position and it'll be difficult to keep everyone happy. So if we were to receive an offer in the region of

We would be absolutely daft to sell Russell at this point. We are yet to see the best of him in a Derby shirt and once he finds fitness and match sharpness, I fully expect him to be a key player for us. Even last season which was heavily disrupted by injuries, he scored goals and showed glimpses of quality. With a sustained run in the team and being fully fit, I'm sure there is more to come from him. 

That said, the squad has been beefed up considerably over the summer and with the recent arrival of Ibe, there is a lot of competition for places in his position and it'll be difficult to keep everyone happy. So if we were to receive an offer in the region of

Archived