Derby have rejected two bids from Bournemouth for striker Johnny Russell - Peter O'Rourke (Sky Sports)

Cam the Ram

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russell is our best attacking wide player, IMO. He's got the edge on Dawkins and Ward, so if we were to sell anyone then it wouldn't be him.

We've REJECTED the bid anyway, I have no worries over this one. You can chuck it in the archive under Hendrick to Watford. 

Let him go for the right money. Overrated in my view. Lots of effort but not enough end result. Often wastes his final ball and can't beat his man. Better than Tito Villa but, like Villa, the fans love him because he runs around a lot. I accept we could keep him as a squad player but that's all he is. He's not good enough to take us where we aim to be

You'll eat your words come the end of the season.

I would love to know how much they bid. Everyone does have a price, but I would like to keep him. However come Jan we are going to be overloaded with wide players/players who can play that position. Russell, Ward, Dawkins, Ibe, Bennett, Calero, Santos. This could be something that happens in Jan or at the end of the season. I want him to stay. 

The wide players work well because they are hungry and there is competition for places. Selling one of our better wide players, to a team in our division - unless for nonsense money - is ridiculous.

I can only assume this is similar to when we used to make a bid, knowing it was pretty unlikely but wanting to show willing for the fans.

We are going to hear some crazy speculation in the coming days.

Oh well, Hendrick's not playing for Watford and I don't think we'll see Russell for Bournemouth. They can be as ambitious as they want, but unless they're planning to blow mega bucks. They got

Archived