Derby have rejected two bids from Bournemouth for striker Johnny Russell - Peter O'Rourke (Sky Sports)

Cam the Ram

With wingers, you get 20 moments of frustration and two moments of genius. Russell can be infuriating as he runs into defenders and crosses straight to the goalkeeper. Then he whips in a cross, Martin taps it in and it's one-nil. If your players are contributing directly to goals you don't get rid of them. End of.

Agree!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only assume that those of you who write so disparagingly about Russell don't go to the matches. The cross for the first goal last Saturday and the cushioned volley pass that made the second were both excellent and typical of the class and work-rate that he gives to Derby's attack. I think he is one of your most consistent players and I always feel confident when he has the ball. He is also very good at tracking back and helping out Forsyth.

Questions to ask - why would McCLaren want to sell any of the key players from a settled squad,which most pundits expect to be very involved in the promotion mix and who would you get with the money to replace him, especially with so little time to go before the Transfer deadline? 

I can only assume that those of you who write so disparagingly about Russell don't go to the matches. The cross for the first goal last Saturday and the cushioned volley pass that made the second were both excellent and typical of the class and work-rate that he gives to Derby's attack. I think he is one of your most consistent players and I always feel confident when he has the ball. He is also very good at tracking back and helping out Forsyth.

Questions to ask - why would McCLaren want to sell any of the key players from a settled squad,which most pundits expect to be very involved in the promotion mix and who would you get with the money to replace him, especially with so little time to go before the Transfer deadline? 

Welcome to the forum, but your name is a bit weird. As is the use of "YOUR most consistent players" as opposed to "OUR most consistent players".

If you actually are a Spurs fan, you've got the wrong forum. It's the other lot down the A52 you've drawn in the cup. Head on over to LTLF and WUM away  :lol:

Even I am more wanted here lad.

Russell does work hard and his movement often gets him into good positions. His delivery into the box from wide positions has been a real positive.

I do fail to see how he is rated as really quick - he always seems to come off second best when he tries to skin a full back for pace. He does seem to lose the ball quite often too when he runs with it.

I don't see why he is so popular - I imagine those that were big fans of Tito Villa like him. He's a good squad player with a good attitude and will have a key role to play, but can't see him progressing beyond the Championship.

Even I am more wanted here lad.

The official line from the mods and admins is that everyone is welcome here as long as they behave.

And yes, that includes you. On the subject, have your sources heard anything about the figures involved in these bids from Bournemouth? Or do they just do German CBs?

Welcome to the forum, but your name is a bit weird. As is the use of "YOUR most consistent players" as opposed to "OUR most consistent players".

If you actually are a Spurs fan, you've got the wrong forum. It's the other lot down the A52 you've drawn in the cup. Head on over to LTLF and WUM away  :lol:

Nope, right forum! Derby County ST Holder so I pays my money and has my say! Some people with very long memories might remember me from years ago. And it's we when we're winning and you when you're losing, you know the score!

The only part of Russell's game that is poor is his decision making. He also seems to have much more impact on games coming from the bench.

Making decisions is 99% of the game, JW! That's his problem. He looks like a footballer, runs like a footballer ... but he doesn't think like one. 

Making decisions is 99% of the game, JW! That's his problem. He looks like a footballer, runs like a footballer ... but he doesn't think like one.

And there we have it, the exact reason why Championship players play in the division they do.

The official line from the mods and admins is that everyone is welcome here as long as they behave.

And yes, that includes you. On the subject, have your sources heard anything about the figures involved in these bids from Bournemouth? Or do they just do German CBs?

I only speak to my source when I see him ( obviously ) and that is very rarely. Once a year maybe... I normally only see him when I go to a particular away game.

How long is it until my name is sung in the Southstand? Or do you only answer posts about German CBs?

I only speak to my source when I see him ( obviously ) and that is very rarely. Once a year maybe... I normally only see him when I go to a particular away game.

How long is it until my name is sung in the Southstand? Or do you only answer posts about German CBs?

Which away game, Bayern?

I've got your name tattooed on my arse already, now you want me to sing your name? Love the limelight dontcha?

What away game was that, Sheff Wed or Charlton or Carlisle?

This is what comes of being a good side, everyone wants a piece of us and the offers will continue to flood in.

Let's just trust in SM & SR to reject all interest which doesn't suit our end game whilst milk the most out of those we are prepared to let go.

It's a great compliment of our side that all and sundry show an interest in our players. I know aim not used to it, it's been a while since we've had serious interest in our players.

Shows where we are as a team right now.

Not even remotely worried about this.

He's a starting XI player in a top side which he seems to be thriving in. He also seems settled and I'd imagine he's on decent money here too (more than Bournemouth would offer, I presume).

Back to the Keogh thread, people. Nothing to see here.

I've got your name tattooed on my arse already, now you want me to sing your name? Love the limelight dontcha?

If his name was 'Bob', you'd only need 2 letters.

Archived