The view from the outside 14/15

Thierry Ennui

Has anyone ever noticed the on the Championship Forums, where fans of all 24 teams debate etc. Derby County is probably the least supported teams and it baffles everyone?

It's that bad there's just ONE match thread allocated for our games called 'Derby vs ...' on one of them. :lol:

WE SUPPORT OUR LOCAL FORUM.

That's cos the 20 or so of us on here are the only people in derbyshire with t'internet. And half of us aren't in derbyshire, or even the country.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread has become a bit Bournemouth heavy recently, so here's the opinions of a couple of Leeds fans to change it up a little

About Lewis Cook

"He's every bit as good as Will Hughes was when he was good."

To which someone responded:

"Hughes isn't in the same league mate, still plays like a youngster and talented one at that but Cook plays beyond his years, it's scary how good he is."

:rolleyes: 

Cook is a great prospect, I like Mowatt too, but Hughes has been the main driving force in a title push.

Last season, I thought Hughes was our biggest disappointment. He did alright but he didn't really push on.

This season, though, If I saw a team sheet without him on it, I'd be sweating over the result a lot more. 

I know this is the view from the outside but there's no midfielders in Leeds or Yorkshire or the whole of the Championship better than Hughes.

Having said that, he'd be no use to more than half the clubs in this league because his game it too subtle. If he's not scoring 40 yard strikes, sprinting at 50mph and nailing opponents to a crucifix then they aren't interested. They don't notice.

We've heard all the boasting off Leeds before. We told them they were rubbish and wouldn't touch the play offs. They said they'd make the play offs.

Who's opinion seems more educated now?

I know this is the view from the outside but there's no midfielders in Leeds or Yorkshire or the whole of the Championship better than Hughes.

Having said that, he'd be no use to more than half the clubs in this league because his game it too subtle. If he's not scoring 40 yard strikes, sprinting at 50mph and nailing opponents to a crucifix then they aren't interested. They don't notice.

We've heard all the boasting off Leeds before. We told them they were rubbish and wouldn't touch the play offs. They said they'd make the play offs.

Who's opinion seems more educated now?

I think most opposition fan's opinion of him is that he's not all that because he's not Wilifried Saha.  All pace, power and step-overs.  If he wasn't that good why have a vast majority of teams decided to kick him repeatedly for 90 minutes?  Unless of course, they're all anti-albino?  In which case that's just mean...

I think most opposition fan's opinion of him is that he's not all that because he's not Wilifried Saha.  All pace, power and step-overs.  If he wasn't that good why have a vast majority of teams decided to kick him repeatedly for 90 minutes?  Unless of course, they're all anti-albino?  In which case that's just mean...

They are not alone...

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/02/18/uk-tanzania-albinos-idUKKBN0LM1LX20150218

Hughes is a good player, I have seen him play a lot since he was about 13, I used to watch a friends son at youth level, I was told they bought him from forest when he was about 11-12yo, there was always someone talking about him, Derby have been lucky to hang on to him, although since becoming a first team player he hasn't yet shown how good he can be, I'm sure when Derby get to the premiership he will really step up a level.

Archived