The view from the outside 14/15

Thierry Ennui

What a game. Some stuff from the 'Muff forum:

"Would have taken a point before the game. Only downside is that literally every other result went against us and I honestly don't think we will finish above Derby. Promotion is a really tough ask."

"Can't sleep for a coupple of hours.. That was intense.. good point!"

"Why is it a good point? We shouldn't be settling for a draw at home, even if it is against Derby. If we want to go up we need to beat those around us. we were a goal up twice in the match."

"Disappointing to let them back in as they equalised against the run of play just when we seemed to be taking the game away from them. After that, it sounded like it was all them and so happy we got a point."

"Excellent result. All we really need to do is to match the results of those around us. Shame we let it slip second half when we were on top but a fair result. On to Saturday which is the next pivotal game and a chance for us to secure 3 points when the others aren't playing. Points on the board is the most important thing now."

Personally, I'm exhausted. Would have taken a point before, and I'll take one now. Thought we played them off the park for the majority of the game. But two very very good footballing sides providing probably the best game the division will see all season.

Bournemouth fans who might be reading this, all the best for the rest of the season (as long as we finish top  ;) ). Easily the best side we've played this season, you'll do Boro.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm giving credit to derby for stopping the pugh/Daniels and richie/Francis axises. Axises? Axes? Whatever, we barely linked up at all. I didn't expect Ince to track back that much. 

There's a lot more here in this thread, very balanced it seems. Good bunch are Bournemouth.

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=67944&posts=8

The first impression with Keogh is that he looks like a good organiser, marching about with his silly arms hanging out like he's carrying two dirty nappies. He has his haters, I'm not that big of a fan.

But.

We aren't the third best defence for nothing are we?

According to The Sun, the game last night was between 2 teams that wouldn't just survive in the Premier League, but set the top flight alight!

Well that's good to hear. I had a slight niggling worry that, although we played great last night, it took our best to draw with Bournemouth. Next season, assuming we were both promoted, Bournmouth are one of the teams that we'd be looking at honking we need to be getting points off them, in theory, it's one of the easier games of the season. So if every game next season is going to be of that standard or harder, it's going to be a long hard season.

But that's assuming us and Bournemouth are like the three that went up last season. That's assuming we'll find it hard to adjust, and will be scrabbling for every last point, looking around for teams we might be able to nick a point of here and there. But if te consensus is that we're already on a level that we could compete with a lot of teams in the prem, and there are likely to actually be far easier games than Bournemouth, then that's great news.

I'm going to secretly hope Villa don't get relegated now. There's 6 easy pints right there.

Well that's good to hear. I had a slight niggling worry that, although we played great last night, it took our best to draw with Bournemouth. Next season, assuming we were both promoted, Bournmouth are one of the teams that we'd be looking at honking we need to be getting points off them, in theory, it's one of the easier games of the season. So if every game next season is going to be of that standard or harder, it's going to be a long hard season.

But that's assuming us and Bournemouth are like the three that went up last season. That's assuming we'll find it hard to adjust, and will be scrabbling for every last point, looking around for teams we might be able to nick a point of here and there. But if te consensus is that we're already on a level that we could compete with a lot of teams in the prem, and there are likely to actually be far easier games than Bournemouth, then that's great news.

I'm going to secretly hope Villa don't get relegated now. There's 6 easy pints right there.

I'd need 6 pints before I watched a Villa match!

Have to disagree with the 'it took our best' both goals conceded came down to poor defending.. First goal bucko lets Wilson turn on the ball and give him room to pick a pass which results in a goal. Second goal, Buxton should of hit row z and settled for the throw in and let the team get back into position to defend such throw. According to sky we should of won, there fans on twitter saying were the best team they've seen at their place and that we would of won if the game had gone on 10 mins longer or our defenders were clocked on and didn't allow such sloppy goals.

This sums it up well for me

I think a lot of the passing was like for like.....

How even it was:

Right midfielders for both teams scored

Both teams main striker scored

Both teams had a centre back that had a mare with one of the goals...

Chris Martin is our main striker

Have to disagree with the 'it took our best' both goals conceded came down to poor defending.. First goal bucko lets Wilson turn on the ball and give him room to pick a pass which results in a goal. Second goal, Buxton should of hit row z and settled for the throw in and let the team get back into position to defend such throw. According to sky we should of won, there fans on twitter saying were the best team they've seen at their place and that we would of won if the game had gone on 10 mins longer or our defenders were clocked on and didn't allow such sloppy goals.

True. Okay, maybe not our best, but we played very, very well and only got a draw against a team we might hope to get easy points off next season.

But, as I said, that's probably being grossly unfair to both us and Bournemouth.

I'm sure we'll do fine in the prem, I just won't really, really believe it til we're there and we collect our fourth win (12 pts).

Unlike their ungracious manager who is starting to annoy me with his arrogance.

I'm glad you posted that NottsRam, because he has been p1ssin me off for ages.

He has one of those faces that needs a slap.

Didn't like him when he was at Burnley either, smug looking tvv4t.

I do like the way Bournemouth play though, very open attacking style instead of the usual park the bus stuff we have had to endure for most of the season.

The Bournemouth performance was one of our better ones this season. I'd say top 5, maybe. We really pinned them back for large periods and had it not been for slips in concentration then we would have come away with a deserved victory. 

Up there with the Watford and Blackburn games as our best away performance, anyway.

The Bournemouth performance was one of our better ones this season. I'd say top 5, maybe. We really pinned them back for large periods and had it not been for slips in concentration then we would have come away with a deserved victory.

Up there with the Watford and Blackburn games as our best away performance, anyway.

Now I'm trying to work out our top 5 performances this season, wolves has to be in there

Archived