The view from the outside 14/15

Thierry Ennui

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Last season's games were fairly similar too. So, it got me thinking, Eddie Howe will be the one who has to change it up as he is the one that is three for zero against Steve McClaren in these games, with similar sides. I'm not saying it will be the case again, because if we aren't on our game then they can obviously hurt us, but he will need to find a different approach if he is to win this game. 

In the past three games we've starved them of possession and restricted them to only six shots on target in three matches. In the same time we've had 15. Now, as I said, I don't think it's going to be an easy game but it certainly seems like McClaren knows how to set up and take the sting out of their tail."

Really good post. High pressure game but I feel the pressure is really on Howe to try and find a solution.

"Last season's games were fairly similar too. So, it got me thinking, Eddie Howe will be the one who has to change it up as he is the one that is three for zero against Steve McClaren in these games, with similar sides. I'm not saying it will be the case again, because if we aren't on our game then they can obviously hurt us, but he will need to find a different approach if he is to win this game. 

In the past three games we've starved them of possession and restricted them to only six shots on target in three matches. In the same time we've had 15. Now, as I said, I don't think it's going to be an easy game but it certainly seems like McClaren knows how to set up and take the sting out of their tail."

Really good post. High pressure game but I feel the pressure is really on Howe to try and find a solution.

They're also at home which will increase the pressure, if we can nullify them early on the crowd will soon get on their back.

Ipswich felt like Burnley. Bournemouth don't and can't play like that. Brighton away in the play-off semi final, perhaps? We knew we was up against a good passing, possession side, with a lot of ability in their side. 

I was thinking Leicester away? But not quite as good a side.

Ipswich and Burnley were similar, having to go to a hard working team and break them down and be patient. This match should be far more open.

Well it does to me, all this talk of it making or breaking our top 2 hopes and all that.... Maybe it's just getting closer to the game and and I'm bricking it a bit.

At that point last season, the only auto place to play for was 2nd. So we really had to beat Burnley to catch up and have a hope of second.

But this time it's not so vital. There are two places to play for. If we lose this game, and if (big if) that means catching Bournemouth and winning the league is impossible, then we've still got second to play for, and Middlesborough to play at home.

Having said that, I am as nervous about this game as burnley, I'm just trying to convince myself that there is no need to be nervous. This game will not break or break our season.

I think it's just the fact that, if we can win this game, the whole of the rest of the season should, in theory, become a lot easier, a lot less stressful. It will really feel like we've got one foot in the prem. But even then, there's still a lot of season left, and this season we've had a nasty habit of winning a difficult game and then wasting it with a disappointing follow up result when we've had opportunities to go clear.

Conclusion: I'm trying not to be nervous, but it's no use.

A couple of Bournemouth fans on their forum reckon that if they go 4-4-2 they will lose. Be interesting to see their formation and line-up. Apparently O'Kane and Gosling, two CM's, are out of the game so will they have the capacity to go for the 5 in the middle they're calling for?

Archived