The view from the outside 14/15

Thierry Ennui

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Dont forget Steve Evans. It's strange, Rotherham have been battered by most teams in the top six but they did rreally well against us over the two games - and Evans called us the best in the league.

Maybe it's the way we control games? I don't think we've quite battered anyone in terms of chances unlike Bournemouth and Watford have on occasions this season.

Are we not really that sort of team? More just the controlling team which glides through matches and wins quite easily and consistently?

Charlton didn't play too well tonight, but in Guy Luzon they have one of the most perceptive managers in the Championship.

This from the BBC website :

Charlton manager Guy Luzon: "I think Derby totally deserved to win and played very well, especially in the first 30 minutes but we were not organised well and left gaps between the lines and they used it well.

"After 30 minutes we came back and organised better but it's not enough against a team like Derby, with their quality. You have to concentrate from the first minute and not for 60 or 55 minutes. They deserve to be in the Premier League and I think they are the best team in this league." 

I think that Birmingham 3-3 draw sort of triggered something with us. It's not like we ever stop attacking. We still create chances but we are certainly less reckless than we were then. I think in the summer when Mac constantly drilled shape work into them he knew that every team we faced would see us as the big catch. The ones you have to change your game for and play differently for. 

Quote from the Bournemouth forum tonight, on their recent form:

"Gary I think you share feelings with the vast majority of folk on here... It is only the minority that believe it has to be black or white... You're either a happy clapper or defeatist...  No room on this board for reasoned discussion and god forbid you can see both sides of the coin..."

It has to be black and white.

Black and white.

Cheers Bournemouth!

"Gary I think you share feelings with the vast majority of folk on here... It is only the minority that believe it has to be black or white... You're either a happy clapper or defeatist...  No room on this board for reasoned discussion and god forbid you can see both sides of the coin..."

Black and white.

Cheers Bournemouth!

Black and white.

Cheers Bournemouth!

This is an Eddie Howe team!! 

It's February going into March. The time of the year when Eddie likes to pretend that the team is falling away like a good 400 metre going round the final corner and holding back. 

Our promotion seasons were built on the back of such cloak and dagger under Eddie and I'm sure he is just up to his old tricks. 

We went as far as losing 5 in a row in the Feb March window 2 years ago and then won the next 9 to the shock and awe of those around us. 

Its a great tactic and I look forward to the look on Derby's face when we do the same again this year. 

Read more: http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=68221&posts=11#ixzz3Sqws9NHR

It's February going into March. The time of the year when Eddie likes to pretend that the team is falling away like a good 400 metre going round the final corner and holding back. 

Our promotion seasons were built on the back of such cloak and dagger under Eddie and I'm sure he is just up to his old tricks. 

We went as far as losing 5 in a row in the Feb March window 2 years ago and then won the next 9 to the shock and awe of those around us. 

Its a great tactic and I look forward to the look on Derby's face when we do the same again this year. 

Read more: http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=68221&posts=11#ixzz3Sqws9NHR

I'm a bit confused and hurt by how Bournemouth have changed! They were the small and admirable club I was rooting for, now they've gotten a bit too big for their boots and are now trying to become our rivals somehow. I don't want a reason to dislike them but they're slowly chipping away at me! They need to go and pick fights with someone their own size, like Yeovil!! Instead of trying to antagonise us like a wasp near your beer in summer!!

I wouldn't write Bournemouth off yet. They've still got some really winnable games remaining plus Boro at home so they can cause them some damage there.

I don't envisage them dropping out of it. Three of their next four games are at home, with the other being Fulham away who their style is definitely suited to giving them a royal thrashing.

I can see them winning their next four games on the spin, which could take them back up to the automatic spots or at least very close to it ahead of key games againsy Ipswich and Boro.

Archived