The view from the outside 14/15

Thierry Ennui

Lawro:

Derby are going for automatic promotion to the Premier League but I think Rams boss Steve McClaren will see the FA Cup as a chance to keep their good run going rather than a distraction.

Reading have spent most of the season in the bottom half of the Championship table but I don't see them as being in danger of going down.

The Royals are not going to reach the quarter-finals either, though. From what I have seen of them, Derby are the best all-round team in that division.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Mirror

Derby v Reading (Saturday 3pm)

All Championship next up and a clash from the East Midlands. Derby are flying in the Champ and will be full of confidence of another strong result against a team who they've already beaten twice this season. Steve McClaren has the Rams rolling.

Reading aren't in bad shape either though and were unbeaten in four before losing out to Leeds last weekend. Steve Clarke seems to have got them going after a nightmare early-season run and safety looks well on the cards. Their cup run ends this weekend though - Derby are just too good.

Prediction : 2-0

From the Mirror

Derby v Reading (Saturday 3pm)

All Championship next up and a clash from the East Midlands. Derby are flying in the Champ and will be full of confidence of another strong result against a team who they've already beaten twice this season. Steve McClaren has the Rams rolling.

Reading aren't in bad shape either though and were unbeaten in four before losing out to Leeds last weekend. Steve Clarke seems to have got them going after a nightmare early-season run and safety looks well on the cards. Their cup run ends this weekend though - Derby are just too good.

Prediction : 2-0

Reading, East Midlands????

You are aware we are at home right?

Yes but doesn't "clash from the East Midlands" suggest that both teams are from there?. You wouldn't call Crystal Palace v Liverpool a London clash would you?

Maybe it's just me. Anyway, I've said & thought "clash" to myself too many times now and it sounds filthy. Go on, try it  ;)

Yes but doesn't "clash from the East Midlands" suggest that both teams are from there?. You wouldn't call Crystal Palace v Liverpool a London clash would you?

Maybe it's just me. Anyway, I've said & thought "clash" to myself too many times now and it sounds filthy. Go on, try it  ;)

It's just you!

Lawro:

Derby are going for automatic promotion to the Premier League but I think Rams boss Steve McClaren will see the FA Cup as a chance to keep their good run going rather than a distraction.

Reading have spent most of the season in the bottom half of the Championship table but I don't see them as being in danger of going down.

The Royals are not going to reach the quarter-finals either, though. From what I have seen of them, Derby are the best all-round team in that division.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

No bloody wonder we lost.

Jut dropped in on Vital Bournemouth looks like we are run away leaders in their jealousy/envy league thing. 

I don't understand... What exactly are we envious of?

I'd take them more seriously on that front if they'd taken more than a point off us this season...

Has anyone ever noticed the on the Championship Forums, where fans of all 24 teams debate etc. Derby County is probably the least supported teams and it baffles everyone?

It's that bad there's just ONE match thread allocated for our games called 'Derby vs ...' on one of them.   :lol:

WE SUPPORT OUR LOCAL FORUM.

Has anyone ever noticed the on the Championship Forums

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about... What is 'Forums'?

I thought this was a unique proposition... a brand new prospect of football fans (the only TRUE fans) coming together in the internetwebonline thingy do discuss the only football team worth talking about?

Has anyone ever noticed the on the Championship Forums, where fans of all 24 teams debate etc. Derby County is probably the least supported teams and it baffles everyone?

It's that bad there's just ONE match thread allocated for our games called 'Derby vs ...' on one of them. :lol:

WE SUPPORT OUR LOCAL FORUM.

Never knew there was a championship forum. Guess its cos this ones the dogs testicles

Archived