The view from the outside 14/15

Thierry Ennui

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most Boro fans seem to have some begrudging respect for us to be fair. But who in their right mind sets ticket prices so high that only half their seats are populated for the majority of games? Surely they'd welcome a bit of atmosphere but once again, those that don't give a toss about supporters call the tune.

I can't help but like Wednesday. Used to know a few and they're sound. No ego, not stuck in the past. Well balanced. They're rightly proud of their away support because it is fantastic. Consider what ours was like 3 years ago. Few hundred to Burnley. Think we took 700 to Coventry? 

It's one point where I can't knock Leeds either. 

They're alright are Sheffield Wednesday. Hope they head upwards. Quite a good relationship with Derby and the abuse between us is forgotten quickly as it should be. 

Shame all their strikers are rubbish.

I can't help but like Wednesday. Used to know a few and they're sound. No ego, not stuck in the past. Well balanced. They're rightly proud of their away support because it is fantastic. Consider what ours was like 3 years ago. Few hundred to Burnley. Think we took 700 to Coventry? 

They're alright are Sheffield Wednesday. Hope they head upwards. Quite a good relationship with Derby and the abuse between us is forgotten quickly as it should be. 

​I can never see the point of criticising a club's fans for not travelling to away games in their droves - the criticism (in the form of the mindless "your support is….." chant) always seems to be aimed at the people who HAVE gone to the game, which itself seems to me to be missing the point somewhat.

I like this: 

Derby have done well to embrace their success this year by changing where the away fans are allocated.

In previous years we'd have been given 6,000 behind the goal and sold the lot. They've now shoved the away fans in the corner and stuck their most vocal fans behind the goal and next to the away end. 

Their fans have also made what seems like a conscious effort to do their bit as well. A bit like Palace only nowhere near as plastic and Mickey Mouse. 

A combination of elements that we can't match right now. 

Most Boro fans seem to have some begrudging respect for us to be fair. But who in their right mind sets ticket prices so high that only half their seats are populated for the majority of games? Surely they'd welcome a bit of atmosphere but once again, those that don't give a toss about supporters call the tune.

Bit pathetic call clubs tinpot, Boro have been way more sucessful than us the past 10-15 years, I quite like them and want them to go up, as their owner is a top guy who has done a lot for his club and isn't a complete bellend like Whelan, also they don't bid £5 million for  an untried Champ winger..

Bit pathetic call clubs tinpot, Boro have been way more sucessful than us the past 10-15 years, I quite like them and want them to go up, as their owner is a top guy who has done a lot for his club and isn't a complete bellend like Whelan, also they don't bid £5 million for  an untried Champ winger..

Archived