The view from the outside 14/15

Thierry Ennui

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's safe to say there isn't a huge gap between our three teams in terms of quality or effectiveness despite how some fans may spin it. I could characterise sides based on how they play and what they are good at, but it seems like a lot of sides are trying to belittle others over nothing. 

What would be the starting XI if you could put all three sides together - god only knows. 

I think both of them have good teams and both are up there on merit. Ipswich were the surprise to me because I simply didn't see their quality. I could see how they were effective but I saw very little behind their game plan and once that fell apart it seems like they're struggling to put the pieces back together. 

As for Bournemouth... 

I had a look on their forum and one of their posters gave me a little flashback, so to speak. I totally forgot it was against Bournemouth we chanted 'you came for the draw and you got **** all' and then I remembered the game. It was a totally frustrating as we spent most of the match up against a wall of 10 men - with them set up on the counter. Once we had taken the lead, in weird circumstances, they had to attack us and we duly got a second goal.

Last season's games were fairly similar too. So, it got me thinking, Eddie Howe will be the one who has to change it up as he is the one that is three for zero against Steve McClaren in these games, with similar sides. I'm not saying it will be the case again, because if we aren't on our game then they can obviously hurt us, but he will need to find a different approach if he is to win this game. 

In the past three games we've starved them of possession and restricted them to only six shots on target in three matches. In the same time we've had 15. Now, as I said, I don't think it's going to be an easy game but it certainly seems like McClaren knows how to set up and take the sting out of their tail. 

Notts fan on LTLF, hahahahahaha...

'I couldn't care if they go up tbh 

Bournemouth will hopefully smash them on Tuesday night, Bournemouth are by far a better side, Derby are about 10th or 11th best imo, their bubble will burst soon enough.'

Notts fan on LTLF, hahahahahaha...

'I couldn't care if they go up tbh

Bournemouth will hopefully smash them on Tuesday night, Bournemouth are by far a better side, Derby are about 10th or 11th best imo, their bubble will burst soon enough.'

I'd seen this. Obviously after a bite. Id say Florist are more 10th or 11th best team

In Nottinghamshire

I think it's safe to say there isn't a huge gap between our three teams in terms of quality or effectiveness despite how some fans may spin it. I could characterise sides based on how they play and what they are good at, but it seems like a lot of sides are trying to belittle others over nothing.

What would be the starting XI if you could put all three sides together - god only knows.

I think both of them have good teams and both are up there on merit. Ipswich were the surprise to me because I simply didn't see their quality. I could see how they were effective but I saw very little behind their game plan and once that fell apart it seems like they're struggling to put the pieces back together.

As for Bournemouth...

I had a look on their forum and one of their posters gave me a little flashback, so to speak. I totally forgot it was against Bournemouth we chanted 'you came for the draw and you got **** all' and then I remembered the game. It was a totally frustrating as we spent most of the match up against a wall of 10 men - with them set up on the counter. Once we had taken the lead, in weird circumstances, they had to attack us and we duly got a second goal.

Last season's games were fairly similar too. So, it got me thinking, Eddie Howe will be the one who has to change it up as he is the one that is three for zero against Steve McClaren in these games, with similar sides. I'm not saying it will be the case again, because if we aren't on our game then they can obviously hurt us, but he will need to find a different approach if he is to win this game.

In the past three games we've starved them of possession and restricted them to only six shots on target in three matches. In the same time we've had 15. Now, as I said, I don't think it's going to be an easy game but it certainly seems like McClaren knows how to set up and take the sting out of their tail.

fantastic view of derby from the outside Ambo. ;)

It's a difficult one because each play in a different way... For instance I'd have Martin over any of the strikers from the 3 teams in our formation, as don;t think Vossen, Bamford or Wilson could play most of the game with his back to goal like Martin has to... But if you played 2 up top then arguably you'd include one or both of Bamford and Wilson...

Wingers... Adomah and Ritchie would be assets... but would they be better than Russell or (now) Ince? I think that would be a very difficult choice to make...

I'd snap your hand off to take Surman at the moment... But give it a few months I'd rather have a midfield trio of Thorne, Hughes and Bryson for the run in... But again, that's mainly because as a 3 they complement each other so well...

Leg-biter I'd rather not have in the same country and our players so leaving him out completely... But blatantly obvious that they're getting the best out of him this season... He must be the main reason their defence is so good this season... cover in front of the defence...

So for me it's less "which players are better" because for our formation, attitude and style of play I'd pick all Derby players... But I'd suggest that's probably the case for each of Bournemouth and Boro...

Apart from our Johnny... Bournemouth wanted him...

Comment from a boro fan..  :huh:

Funnily enough, I don't think there's an awful lot between our two teams. Player for player however, I don't think there's many in our 1st team I'd swap out. Wilson is good, but he just wouldn't suit our style of play, Martin does. Pugh might give our wingers a run for their money. I like Simon Francis though, I'd have him at RB over either of Christie or Shotton, can certainly see why we tried to sign him a couple of years back.

Boro's team, again there aren't many, but then again I've not watched them enough to know a huge amount. I'd have Leadbitter in our CDM role though, he's probably the reason their defensive record is so good. We all know the value of a good CDM. However once Thorne is back I'd rather have him. Bamford we already know, doesn't suit our style of play. Mac won't swap Martin out because he's so vital to our gameplan, and Bamford isn't a winger.

Plus he's a red dog. Don't want him!

It's a difficult one because each play in a different way... For instance I'd have Martin over any of the strikers from the 3 teams in our formation, as don;t think Vossen, Bamford or Wilson could play most of the game with his back to goal like Martin has to... But if you played 2 up top then arguably you'd include one or both of Bamford and Wilson...

Wingers... Adomah and Ritchie would be assets... but would they be better than Russell or (now) Ince? I think that would be a very difficult choice to make...

I'd snap your hand off to take Surman at the moment... But give it a few months I'd rather have a midfield trio of Thorne, Hughes and Bryson for the run in... But again, that's mainly because as a 3 they complement each other so well...

Leg-biter I'd rather not have in the same country and our players so leaving him out completely... But blatantly obvious that they're getting the best out of him this season... He must be the main reason their defence is so good this season... cover in front of the defence...

So for me it's less "which players are better" because for our formation, attitude and style of play I'd pick all Derby players... But I'd suggest that's probably the case for each of Bournemouth and Boro...

Apart from our Johnny... Bournemouth wanted him...

He wouldn't go there even if they'd bid successfully. His pale Scottish skin would never be able to cope in the Southern sunshine. Better off staying in Derby where the weather's more... Scottish.

Archived