Andre Wisdom - retrospective of loan and future prospects

HeyHudson

He's not that special. I would rather have Craig Forsyth any day and he cost next to nowt. We can find another right back no bother. But if we get promoted and want Wisdom we will be able to afford him and Liverpool would let him go. No way is he good enough for them

What do you not like about him ?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love get Wisdom snapped up. I don't think we'll be the only team interested though. 

A team with more financial clout is bound to be interested, whether it's Leicester, Cardiff or even the dogs down the road. 

When he signed Sam Rush revealed he was one of the top 10 earners in the whole division, another reason to why I think he won't be a Derby player next season (unless he is a loan signing) 

I'm optimistic to what the board can supply McClaren with, however, I won't get my hopes up. Especially if we're a Championship team once again next season.

It's wait and see for me, the only loan player I am confident of being here next season is Bamford. Largely because Chelsea will not sell, and he will undoubtedly be made available for a loan again. 

Agreed. I get the feeling despite him having enjoyed a really good season here if another club offered him a better financial package then he wouldn't give us a second thought. We stand a better chance with him if he was on loan again.

I like Wisdom he's had a good season and done well for us, but he isn't a key player in the way that Thorne is. There are other RB's out there who are as good and probably cheaper. 

I just sort of agree with the last paragraph in Ramarena's post Jimbo. Its not that I don't like or rate him I of course I do and I'd like to keep him if we could. But I don't think he's worth breaking the bank over that's all. He would cost us a fortune in fee and wages. As I said, I think Forsyth is just as good now, if not better and he cost and costs very little. To be fair to Wisdom though he is still only young and clearly will end up a very good player

It all depends on money. If we only have enough to buy Thorne that's where I would prioritise same as Ramarena

I like him more now than I did 12 games ago but I'm still honestly not convinced. I don't know though, if I'm maybe viewing him slightly negatively cos he's not one of ours.

Yes he's strong, yes there are times when he makes defending look comically easy but....

He's also very susceptible to the ball inside and he defends on the back foot.

Yes he can get forward and occasionally put in a world class cross but.... he doesn't do it often enough and usually only in games when we're rally on top. He's alos quite pedestrian at times with the ball at his feet and often slows down our attacks.

So yes he's strong as an ox, yes he's got very good games in him but I think he lacks that bit of drive.

Not for me. Not at right back anyway. I'd prefer to see Brayford back bombing on.

Maybe it's part of the macs plan to not have both full backs bombing on leaving the CBS exposed. Forsyth almost plays as a winger which is a feature of how we're playing he's become a big weapon in the left side.

So it's like we're playing with 3 at the back at times.

We seem to be doing ok with this.

Maybe it's part of the macs plan to not have both full backs bombing on leaving the CBS exposed. Forsyth almost plays as a winger which is a feature of how we're playing he's become a big weapon in the left side.

This is dead right. Don't know where I read it now but Mac/Simmo said something along those lines. That after the Birmingham game they felt they were too open and therefore only wanted one full back pushing forward, predominantly Fozzy. This is why quite frequently we see Wisdom stopping and passing inside or down the wing instead of bombing forward. Just playing to orders I think.

The majority of the top teams do this, 1 attcking FB and 1 defensive minded FB helps keep a better balance at the back.

People saying Forsyth is a much Better fully back, wisdom isn't attack minded and can't do anything with the ball, well you forgetting wisdom is a natural cb not rb 

And that's the point really.  It makes no sense to pay big money for a centre back, only to play him out of position, where he's really not suited.

I like Wisdom, would be interesting to know the win percentage from before and then after he's played. He's been solid and un ruffled and his calm confidence seems to have spread. People go on about Thorne, and I agree he's a good player for us, but how many games has he played compared to Andre .

I like Wisdom, would be interesting to know the win percentage from before and then after he's played. He's been solid and un ruffled and his calm confidence seems to have spread. People go on about Thorne, and I agree he's a good player for us, but how many games has he played compared to Andre .

Not enough mate , he is so much better than Eustace should have been in the side sooner IMHO.

Not enough mate , he is so much better than Eustace should have been in the side sooner IMHO.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. When did Eustace ever give McClaren reason to drop him? He didn't - Thorne got in because of Eustace's suspension - and he grasped his opportunity with both hands.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. When did Eustace ever give McClaren reason to drop him? He didn't - Thorne got in because of Eustace's suspension - and he grasped his opportunity with both hands.

The beauty of real competition for places!

Exactly what my scouse neighbour said when Mac brought him in. 'He'll do a good job for you, very impressed, unfussy player'.

Archived