Andre Wisdom - retrospective of loan and future prospects

HeyHudson

Looks like he might be going back to Anfield next season. I know it was only a one year loan, but it doesn't seem like there's much chance of us getting him again.

"@leethedarknight: @andrewisdom47x we gunna see you back at #Anfield next season big man? Need a beast in our back 4 ⚽️#YNWA" - yep

https://twitter.com/andrewisdom47x/status/458920200646447106

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm struggling to see how he'll fit in. They have about 5 other CB's who are better than him? Granted Kolo's getting on a bit, but Llori and Sakho are both young and more experienced at a higher level. Agger and Skrtel are at their peaks too.

If we go up we'd stand a good chance of getting him on loan again, I reckon.

I'm struggling to see how he'll fit in. They have about 5 other CB's who are better than him? Granted Kolo's getting on a bit, but Llori and Sakho are both young and more experienced at a higher level. Agger and Skrtel are at their peaks too.

If we go up we'd stand a good chance of getting him on loan again, I reckon.

kolo toure is the god of thunder....

but yeah he's past his peak and Liverpool will defiantly buy a big name centre half. 

Liverpool will go on a spending spree for new defenders. They will be looking at some real quality. Especially considering they will be in the champions league. Andre is a good player and in other circumstances he would be going back looking at breaking into the match day squad and starting line up next season. I hope Wisdom, Bamford and Thorne recognize we have something special here. We have a very young squad that is only going to get better and grow with each other. 

Wisdom- 3 million?

Thorne- 2 million?

Bamford- 4/5 million?

I know how I'd rather spend 5 million

Bamford would cost £3m at most. Chelsea simply are a buying club and couldn't really care about fees for players like Bamford. They want to spend as much time as possible recruiting and selling players on big wages and that command a  big fee. Why waste weeks going back and forth over £1m-£2m on a player like Bamford when they will be signing and selling players for £35m-£50m. 

Chelsea have pretty much admitted that they are buying players like Bamford with the intention of making a profit on them, to help meet FFP regulations.  They're going to try and get as much for him as they can.  

I'd love to have Thorne back here next season, whatever it costs.  I can take or leave Wisdom - he's certainly got potential, but if we're going to be spending £2m+ on him, there are better options out there.  I would take Bamford on loan again - a player that can score goals consistently is always worth having around, but I wouldn't want him as a starter, or want to spend decent money on him.

Bamford would cost £3m at most. Chelsea simply are a buying club and couldn't really care about fees for players like Bamford. They want to spend as much time as possible recruiting and selling players on big wages and that command a  big fee. Why waste weeks going back and forth over £1m-£2m on a player like Bamford when they will be signing and selling players for £35m-£50m. 

I agree with that to a point, but you have to take into account the amount of interest there'll be in him from multiple clubs that will raise the asking price.

I'd like Thorne and Wisdom to stay but I don't want Bamford. He'd command a hefty fee when we already have three or four better players out wide.

That's because Bamford isn't, and perhaps never will be, a wide player. We have played him as such because even out of position, he's still a prolific goalscorer - and without his goals, we would not be sitting comfortably in third place.

if i was to value bamford from his games at derby i would say half a million. and Dawkins is better 

Really?

19 appearances (a fair number as sub) and 8 goals - and many of them the key goal in games? You want jam on it.

Archived