Andre Wisdom - retrospective of loan and future prospects

HeyHudson

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be delighted to have him back, even more so on a permanent deal. If it happened, it's surely time to consider moving him into the centre of defence and having him, Keogh and Bucko fight it out for the shirt. Or even switch Keogh to right back where I believe he's played more than at centre half.

Andre has just turned 21 so he would have to be registered for Liverpool's 25 man league squad. Depending on who they sign/let go this summer, that's touch and go. If he doesn't make it, I'd expect to see him back here on loan. We'll just have to wait and see.

Squads only have to be announced by the 1st September so that's a little late. I imagine Liverpool will know a while before that whether he'll make it though. Basically, nothing will happen here for at least a month or so.

He's a RB.....

Flanagan has been playing as their regular LB for most of the season. With a new LB coming in Flanagan could possibly move back to his preferred RB position to compete with Johnson for the spot meaning Wisdom is even further down the pecking order  ^_^

I'd be delighted to have him back, even more so on a permanent deal. If it happened, it's surely time to consider moving him into the centre of defence and having him, Keogh and Bucko fight it out for the shirt. Or even switch Keogh to right back where I believe he's played more than at centre half.

Why mess with the foundations of it. They have played together in that line up the whole season, they will build on that next season if wisdom came in no point shuffling them about

People really think he will get in the Liverpool side? This is the current set of players BEFORE any signing(s).

RBS: Johnson, Flanagan, Kelly, Wisdom, Coady,

CBS: Toure, Sakho, Agger, Skrtel, Llori, Coates, Wisdom

Johnson and Flanagan won't be leaving anytime soon, I'd be surprised if Rogers finds any space for Wisdom at CB with the much more experienced Agger (Vice captain) and Toure in there. They'll make numerous signings too, so really can't see where Wisdom will fit into things.

He will be back out, without question - Practically a full (enjoyable) season on loan at a top end Championship side, to be third or fourth + choice at Liverpool? Come on.

Why mess with the foundations of it. They have played together in that line up the whole season, they will build on that next season if wisdom came in no point shuffling them about

Wisdom is a much more natural centre back while Keogh is more mobile and I'd argue more suited to fullback. I don't think the existing foundations are solid enough, demonstrated by the goals against column from last season. But of course I see your point and realize it's arguable. But there's always room for improvement...

Wisdom is a much more natural centre back while Keogh is more mobile and I'd argue more suited to fullback. I don't think the existing foundations are solid enough, demonstrated by the goals against column from last season. But of course I see your point and realize it's arguable. But there's always room for improvement...

We conceded less than a goal a game under McClaren last season. 

In fact, I believe we had the second best defence and best attack in the league during McClaren's tenure. 

Archived