Andre Wisdom - retrospective of loan and future prospects

HeyHudson

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He isn't good going forward but that is a good thing IMO

It means that when Forsyth attacks Wisdom is more likely to be situated in a defensive role, therefore reducing the risk of a counter attack.

Obviously there are times when we needed Andre to go forward more and he did do well on occasions.

Cross at Barnsley away to Martin

Cross at Huddersfield away

Cut back to Bryson vs Blackpool at home

Examples I could think of off the top of my head.

He is class there is no doubt just needs to be better going forward and less casual on and off the ball in defence.

Positionally, when he first started, he was fantastic. A great attribute for a full back to have but with time, we seemed to train that out of him. I think he got worse as a result.

Wouldn't be a problem with Wisdom going forwards (taking it in turns with Forsyth) if Forsyth was more comfortable defensively (Which as a natural midfielder he isn't). I agree that Forsyth should be allowed to make more forward runs leaving Wisdom to play a more dedicated full back role, especially considering who he's playing alongside.

Did anybody notice in the Play-off final that for a spell of about 5-10 minutes in the first half, Keogh and Wisdom traded places?

I pretty much disagree with every part of this post. Wisdom was asked to sit back for the second half of the season and mostly did. And how can a player work on his pace? Boots with go-faster stripes? Or are you suggesting he loses bulk? His strength is easily his best attribute. Anyway, his run for the Barnsley away cross and goal showed he's no slouch.

He was still caught out of position too frequently. He wasn't asked to sit back at all, he went forward as much as Forsyth, who I know is no saint for the same reasons. His strength is unarguably a massive part of his game and he uses it very well. I'm not saying he's a bad player, he's young and wil improve, he certainly has a good platform to build on but he does have his faults.

In relation to his speed, do you think that Usain Bolt has always been that fast? No, he worked on his speed, he's improved his speed, same with all runners, even marathon runners, why do you think world records are broken? They train on this aspect and improve. It's not rocket science to work that one out is it?

He was still caught out of position too frequently. He wasn't asked to sit back at all, he went forward as much as Forsyth, who I know is no saint for the same reasons. His strength is unarguably a massive part of his game and he uses it very well. I'm not saying he's a bad player, he's young and wil improve, he certainly has a good platform to build on but he does have his faults.

In relation to his speed, do you think that Usain Bolt has always been that fast? No, he worked on his speed, he's improved his speed, same with all runners, even marathon runners, why do you think world records are broken? They train on this aspect and improve. It's not rocket science to work that one out is it?

That's not what Simmo said. He was asked to sit back after the Brum game in early Feb

• 3 weeks later...

If Wisdom came back to finish the job... if the team that played a Wembley was here next season to finish the job...

If Andre wants to be remembered as something special in his career, if he wants his name to resonate decades from now, coming back, winning promotion and building a legacy of a long lived Premier League side, I can't think of a better side to do it at as Derby. A club about as big as it gets outside the Premier League off the field, massive natural support, supported from the board end, a great manager, a wonderful squad and in a position not only to win promotion, but be strong enough to survive before reinforcement.

Don't get lost in the panic of the Premier League Andre, come back and finish the job!

Archived