Andre Wisdom - retrospective of loan and future prospects

HeyHudson

The fans need to be more patient in the crowd. You can almost hear the moans and groans when we pass across the back. There is nothing wrong with that. That is how we play now and it is effective. I think it was the fourth goal yesterday where we jut passed it around the back waiting for some pressure and boom we had the ball in the net 10 seconds later. Have to be more patient!

Spot on.

I think the majority of fans that have stuck with us realise this, the ones that all of a sudden can afford to come to matches again see we are top scorers in the league expect us to pile forward and score every time we touch the ball!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The calls for hoofball drive me nuts. I tell people to shut up too. And when they criticise players. I'll get a smack on the nose one day.

Wisdom is ***** just like Martin and Buxton. He been played every game since he got here and we've fluked our way to 3rd. I don't understand why McClaren doesn't drop all of them. They're clueless.

If they hoofed it forward more we'd have certainly scored tons more. It's simple. Kick it forward into the goal

Let's just get things into propective. Andre Wisdom is a good player regardless of what people say, he is a fine defender. 

Nevertheless, on the otherside of it. Going into the play-offs he is our weak link.. no-one can deny that.

It's a strong weak link to have - ridiculously strong weak link to have and it speaks volumes about our team though.

Fans will always heap on to the weak link of the team - every supporter of every club does it. 

I hate it when people shout "shoot" from about 35-40 yards!

Even if it's someone like Eustace!

Loads do it!

When it rebounds out from a corner or something and lands at someones feet in space, I can't help it  :lol:

I don't care how far out it is, I end up shouting "shoot", all the while thinking in my head "Don't shoot!"

I was just thinking "Don't shoot from there Jeff", when the ball hit the net for our 3rd yesterday. We're scoring from all angles at the minute. Just let 'em shoot.

• 3 weeks later...

quote from the telegraph

Brendan Rodgers, the Liverpool manager, has a list of 14 players who could be culled from his squad ahead of next season, raising a potential £30 million in transfer funds.

Defender Daniel Agger and midfielder Lucas are among the most high-profile players facing an uncertain summer, while the on-loan goalkeeper Pepe Reina will make his temporary exit permanent.

The signings from last year, Iago Aspas and Luis Alberto, are available for transfer and Victor Moses and Aly Cissokho, on loan from Chelsea and Valencia respectively, will return to their parent clubs with Liverpool having no interest in retaining their services.

Players who excelled on loan elsewhere such as Fabio Borini, whose goals at Sunderland secured Premier League status, and Oussama Assaidi who is wanted by Stoke City where he spent this season, could raise more than £10 million for Rodgers.

Liverpool also have youngsters such as Jack Robinson, Martin Kelly and Conor Coady who will be given the opportunity to pursue their career elsewhere for the right price.

Rodgers will be realistic about how many players can be offloaded given the additional demands of Champions League football next season, but with five or six new players he will still have the compact base of around 18 first-team players plus emerging youngsters he craves.

the rest of the article isnt relevant so havnt put it in, but may make wisdom possible for perm, would'nt be the same next season if him an thorne were not in a derby shirt, would love to see him in his CB position

I'd love get Wisdom snapped up. I don't think we'll be the only team interested though. 

A team with more financial clout is bound to be interested, whether it's Leicester, Cardiff or even the dogs down the road. 

When he signed Sam Rush revealed he was one of the top 10 earners in the whole division, another reason to why I think he won't be a Derby player next season (unless he is a loan signing) 

I'm optimistic to what the board can supply McClaren with, however, I won't get my hopes up. Especially if we're a Championship team once again next season.

It's wait and see for me, the only loan player I am confident of being here next season is Bamford. Largely because Chelsea will not sell, and he will undoubtedly be made available for a loan again. 

Tbh, the fact that he isn't mentioned in the article and is playing in a high profile game next weekend might indicate that he's actually part of Liverpool's plans next season... would like to see him back but costs and his own preference might stop this...

Not to sound harsh on the lad, but I'd be utterly stunned if he was. Liverpool, like us in a way, have stepped up a gear. The defence will get a complete makeover, no doubt.

Martin Kelly, along with Andre Wisdom have been in the first-team previously but I fancy both to move on.

quote from the telegraph

the rest of the article isnt relevant so havnt put it in, but may make wisdom possible for perm, would'nt be the same next season if him an thorne were not in a derby shirt, would love to see him in his CB position

Why do you hate Keogh?

:p

Not only does he own a flash car but also he is cavalier about how he treats it. We can't afford wages like that.

Astra-nomical.

He's not that special. I would rather have Craig Forsyth any day and he cost next to nowt. We can find another right back no bother. But if we get promoted and want Wisdom we will be able to afford him and Liverpool would let him go. No way is he good enough for them

I'd like us to sign him but i don't think he wants to come.

I think he wants to establish himself at Liverpool.

Archived