John Eustace

DcFc Dyycheee

there are better players than Eustace but are there better players than Hughes, Hendrick or Bryson in our price range? 

Telling a player he is going to be on the bench for the season kills you're pulling power over players! it's a sensible signing, a shrewd one.

I'm not going to run out and get Eustace on my shirt - but, give me a player like him on the bench knowing his role and digging in. Rather than a player who would come, get disillusioned by not playing and put 50% in.  

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why he is he a better option to see out a game than Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick? Just as he is more experienced and older? They are better players.

Its about making the right decisions at the right times. A more experienced player will know when to play a short pass or when to just put it into row Z. Like when Jeff tried to run the ball out against Wednesday first game of the season lost it, and we conceded.  

For the record I think Hughes, Hendrick & Bryson are streets ahead of JE in terms of quality. By his early pre season I can see Hendrick being even better this year, what a fantastic player he is going to be.

Why he is he a better option to see out a game than Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick? Just as he is more experienced and older? They are better players.

In some respects yes, too many times towards the end of games last season we were panicking, giving the ball away, or hoofing it anywhere. So yes, experience can help to just calm things down, pass the ball correctly etc. 

You are absolutely correct in that the three you mentioned are better players, but don't underestimate the value of experience, the know how and little tricks that get picked up during a long career. You can see that at any level from Premier League to Sunday league.

We had savage who had more experience and talent than eustace yet we couldn't see games Why just as he is older will he make the right decision? Better players make the correct decisions more often than poorer players. Can he keep the ball better than Hughes one of the most talented young footballers in the county? Yes experience helps but it's not everything.

Bryson is 26, 27 in nov so wouldn't class him as young in football terms and should you would think know what to do by now to see a game out. I just think it's a whole team that sees the game out not one very average player makes this huge difference but we will see.

Eustace is also a fresh pair of legs to bring on for the last 10 minutes, which gives players like Bryson who give 110% every game a well deserved break. Bringing Eustace on for nervy situations is a great idea, as he's more vocal than our whole midfield put together! Yes it takes a team to see out a game, but with Eustace's experience and leadership, he tells other players what to do and where to go. Eustace has 7 years more experience than our next most experienced central midfielder (Bryson), and is far more vocal. Bryson is by far the better player, but for the last 10 minutes Eustace is more valuable. 

I think this a key part to keeping Hughes fresh. In some games Hughes will start and do a load of damage, but around the 70th minute he's gone even redder than usual and needs a rest, so in comes Eustace to protect the lead our Will has created. Hughes is then resting, ready to take apart another team next week  :D

I think Wednesday away is the best example of this, 0-2 up and as soon as they put pressure on we looked wobbly. They must have scored less than 5 minutes after our second.

EUSTACE IN.

I'd say the Eustace would be a good 'addition' to the squad - as long as that's what he is. If he is bought in to compliment/ provide cover/ provide competition for Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick then it can only be a good thing. If he's being bought in as a replacement - i.e. someone is about to be sold, then I'd be unimpressed.

“We know his value over the course of a season. He knows it is going to be extremely difficult to get a start with the midfielders we have but he is willing to come and give that challenge a go.

“At certain times over 40 to 50 games he will be vital for us.

“John comes into his own when you are under the cosh for the last 10 or 15 minutes of a game. He is ideal to use in that situation.”

Anyone who has read nottsram and motsyn's posts before knows their opinion is pretty worthless.

Have to admit, have never read such a fatuous and conceited comment until now, what gives you the right to say that mine or anyone elses opinion is worthless if it is at variance to yours? If you find other people opinions upsetting then as a suggestion go and start up your own forum and only allow people to join whose opinions tie in with yours. 

I can handle it, I don't expect people to understand my opinion. I don't understand many other people's opinion either. Somebody on here regularly says that in all the years of being on a forum, they've never witnessed anyone disagreeing and then changing their opinion as a result of opposing view.

The bit about my opinion being worthless is offensive, but it says more about the poster saying it than it says about me. I imagine his wife loves being told her opinion is worthless when they argue about whether Eastenders is better than Emmerdale!

With regard to Eustace, if he'd never played under Clough at Derby before, I wouldn't be so concerned, but what next? Should we go back and get Brad Jones in goal for the times when Grant is injured or suspended? He's experienced. Should we bring back Luke Moore? He's experienced. Should we bring back Nathan Ellington? He is experienced.

The thing that Eustace, Moore, Jones, Ellington and others have in common is that they all have experience we could do with, but they've all been failures during previous loan spells here.

Have to admit, have never read such a fatuous and conceited comment until now, what gives you the right to say that mine or anyone elses opinion is worthless if it is at variance to yours? If you find other people opinions upsetting then as a suggestion go and start up your own forum and only allow people to join whose opinions tie in with yours.

Who said that?

Ha ha,only joking :-)

The fact it's a forum based on personal opinion makes it his right doesn't it? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have said it but then I wouldn't brag about my IQ either............Would you?

Archived