John Eustace

DcFc Dyycheee

Oh OK sorry my bad for not reading your post correctly. Not sure how Clough will differentiate between the toughest away games next season mind as looking at last seasons away results they all will be tough, looks like Eustace will be getting a run out in all of them so will be busy. Now was that negative or are you going to counter that last seasons away record wasnt abysmal? Sorry to pee on your optimistic cornflakes as you so eloquently put it. 

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh OK sorry my bad for not reading your post correctly. Not sure how Clough will differentiate between the toughest away games next season mind as looking at last seasons away results they all will be tough, looks like Eustace will be getting a run out in all of them so will be busy. Now was that negative or are you going to counter that last seasons away record wasnt abysmal? Sorry to pee on your optimistic cornflakes as you so eloquently put it. 

Obviously last years away results weren't good enough. That's why we appear to be doing something different I imagine. I'm on a diet so I imagine your piss would actually improve the flavour of Special K. Hopefully Grant will make a difference too. You never know we might sign a CB at some point. Look... a little cynicism for balance.    

He couldn't get near Watfords first team last year, I know he has injuries. Come on he isn't that good. If he comes on and we win then we will all be happy but your not telling me that the manager saying he is a player we can bring on when under the cosh for 15 mins is that insprining or exciting for the fans.

Course he couldn't get near Watford's team - he's English.

when the manager has publicly slated two players for trying to keep possession when they could have hoofed it up into the corner, then I think it's fair to say that I'm not lying.

Not lying, no, just twisting the same old tired ****** to suit your agenda, rather than lying. 

Did the manager criticise players for losing possession rather than trying to keep it. Tiny, tiny difference there methinks...... :rolleyes:

How many points did we throw away in the last 15 minutes last season? How does it compare to the amount of points we gained?

I'd hazard a guess there's a deficit, which would suggest we have some issues closing out games. So many points are won and lost in the last 15 minutes. Bringing in Eustace is likely to be only part of the solution but nigel clearly recognises there's an issue and he's taking steps to address it! Maybe let's wait and see how it pans out before we all get ourselves into a tizzy about it!

Not lying, no, just twisting the same old tired ****** to suit your agenda, rather than lying. 

Did the manager criticise players for losing possession rather than trying to keep it. Tiny, tiny difference there methinks...... :rolleyes:

I believe in the case of Paul Green, he criticised him for losing possession and not hoofing it, and in the case of Cywka, he criticised him for trying to run with the ball (keep possession) instead of hoofing into the corner.

So either way, neither twisting or lying on my part.

Couldn't get into Watfords team last year when they finished in the top 6.

Where did Watford finish in previous seasons?

When Eustace played

11th, 14th, 16th, 13th is the answer

That must mean by an act of god we will not get in the top six as Eustace is in our squad.

Come off it, they were a rubbish team until zola decided to put out a first 11 from italy.

That must mean by an act of god we will not get in the top six as Eustace is in our squad.

Come off it, they were a rubbish team until zola decided to put out a first 11 from italy.

That's the point when they were rubbish he got a game and when they were good he didn't.

Why?

As the legendary Graham Richards used to say "John Useless"

That's the point when they were rubbish he got a game and when they were good he didn't.

Why?

As the legendary Graham Richards used to say "John Useless"

Are you sure that Graham Richards used to say that? Or, are you making things up?

I think some are blowing the signing of Eustace way out of proportion.

What is wrong with bringing on a calming influence if we are under pressure? If we are 1-0 up, controlling the game and look like scoring more goals he wont be brought on to invite pressure and protect the lead. If we are 1-0 and getting battered, that's when he would be brought on. Anybody remember a couple of seasons ago where Sir Jake was used in the same role for a few games. He came on in the last 10 when we looked like conceding and added some grit to a very young midfield.

If Tuesday night was anything to go by, he looks like he can still play a bit as well, played some nice passes, made some good interceptions, kept everything simple and most importantly he looked like a leader.

The signing of Eustace will not compromise the free flowing football that NC has instilled in this team over his tenor. Hopefully it will mean we pick up more points in scrappy games pushing us further up the table.

Archived