John Eustace

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole Useless thing was down to Graham Richards wasn't it? And besides, no matter how legendary his commentary is, it doesn't mean he was a fantastic judge of player... and regardless even of that, how old was he the last time Graham Richards commentated on a game he was involved in?

The whole Useless thing was down to Graham Richards wasn't it? And besides, no matter how legendary his commentary is, it doesn't mean he was a fantastic judge of player... and regardless even of that, how old was he the last time Graham Richards commentated on a game he was involved in?

I always used to chuckle when he said "Kink lard zuh".

I met him last year at a charity Q&A session in Derby. I doubt many of you were there though because David and Paul Mortimer helped to arrange it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23182643

Derby County manager Nigel Clough has strongly hinted that midfielder John Eustace will join on a permanent deal.

The 33-year-old is a free agent after turning down a new contract at Watford and has been training with the Rams.

Eustace was on loan at Derby in 2009 and Clough tried to sign him in 2011.

[indent]

[/indent]

"He's the sort of character we would like around if possible. He will do two weeks with us. We hope to sit down with him next week - depending on how it goes," Clough told BBC Radio Derby.

"He's a great lad. We knew that from when we had him on loan last time. The only thing he's a bit older then the other lads in the squad!"

Eustace was injured early on last season and only played seven games for the Hornets.

Clough added: "He had a back injury in the first half of the season but he was fit from Christmas onwards just about, but with Watford going so well he didn't play too much.

"He has been fit for the last few months but you do lose a little when you are not playing regular games.

"He has to do pre-season somewhere and has to get fit so it's ideal for him to do it with us. We can look at him and he can look at us."

I think a lot of people (myself included) wanted a midfielder to be able to come on and handle the last part of the game better, and in gritty away days - I was desperate for dean whitehead to sign, who perhaps was unrealistic - for a position we're looking 'bit-part' player as they say. 

We need a 'job-man' someone to come on and keep the 3 points, 3 points - he probably won't come on and change a game and get us the win, but he will more than happily put a solid dent in the tide if we're under pressure! 

Archived