QPR (H) - Matchday Thread

I’m going to call it.

This is a must win game today.

Sheffield Utd we were outclassed yet limited them to just a set piece goal. 

Norwich we were robbed, pure and simple.

Sunderland we were so so poor. 

The ifs buts and maybes mean little, it’s 3 games with 0 points.

To go into the international break without a win in 4, against a club in the bottom 3 at Pride Park. Ugh.

That’s 2 weeks of pressure mounting that will eat away at the players morale, it’s a slide we can’t afford to get on with some tricky games at the other side of the break.

Going away to the Den on a losing streak? Don’t fancy that. Could get messy for Warne if that went 5 without a win as we would be in bottom 3 territory.

A win won’t erase the previous 3 results, but it allows us to stop the run and a comfortable win would raise spirits and just allow us to dig our heels into that mid table position a little more comfortably.

Should be another 28000+ today as they are bringing 2400 plus. Hopefully atmosphere is as good as its has been. Bit worried about their approach play as they generate a lot of chances. Nevertheless calling a close 2 1 to us. Setting off soon for a couple of shandies and a good match. Let's get PP rocking again chaps. UTR!

39 minutes ago, Day said:

To go into the international break without a win in 4, against a club in the bottom 3 at Pride Park. Ugh.

That’s 2 weeks of pressure mounting that will eat away at the players morale...

It would keep the forum busy though, in fairness!  👀

6 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

Should be another 28000+ today as they are bringing 2400 plus. Hopefully atmosphere is as good as its has been. Bit worried about their approach play as they generate a lot of chances. Nevertheless calling a close 2 1 to us. Setting off soon for a couple of shandies and a good match. Let's get PP rocking again chaps. UTR!

Only around a thousand tickets left for home fans.

43 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

2400? That’s almost an entire QPR home attendance!

Same team as me, except I'd have gone Wilson instead of Nyambe for the attacking intent.

Osborn has been poor so no great loss,  but means no cover at all for midfield.

Win  ..and have a decent rest and the squad and league will look much better.

Was there no Brown?

1 minute ago, Eoghan1884 said:

IMG_5931.thumb.jpeg.2edddf68fdd789c5589e81278a843cf2.jpeg

No Osborn or Chirewa leaves us very light in midfield, Tommo and Ozoh should be back after this game though and hopefully neither injury is long term. 

Kenzo as the 8 on the right of the 3 mids, Harness at the 10 on the left.

Osborn and Chriewa big surprises. Bradley also missing. Wasn't expecting it to be Turley stepping in either - I thought Stepien-Iwumene or Hawkins would be higher in the pecking order.

8 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Same team as me, except I'd have gone Wilson instead of Nyambe for the attacking intent.

Osborn has been poor so no great loss,  but means no cover at all for midfield.

Win  ..and have a decent rest and the squad and league will look much better.

Was there no Brown?

Brown, Washington, Collins.... seems unnecessary can't see 2 of them getting on, never mind 3.