QPR (H) - Matchday Thread

After 3 tough games where we could have got anywhere between 2-4 points on a different day/days. We go into Saturday needing a win for confidence and to get back on the horse. 

QPR have only one win which came away to Luton. They’ve conceded 14 and scored 9. 

They have good dribblers and ball carriers and a physical number 9 in frey. They won’t want to dominate possession similarly to us and will look to penetrate from wide areas. I’d get Nyambe, Fozzy and NML back into the team and go with 

JWZ

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Forsyth

Kenzo Adams Chirewa 

NML Yates CBT 

Bench: Vickers, Wilson, Phillips, Osborn, Tommo, Jackson, Collins, Brown, Harness,

CBT looks full of confidence and I’d give him a go from the off to try to continue that. Chirewa has also shown flashes of good attacking play and works hard. Osborn and Tommo then off the bench for tenacity in midfield will help (Warne has said Tommo and barkhuizen are back) and we can get at them. 

I feel having both Chirewa and Kenzo in midfield can help us when on the ball at home. I also think seeing NML out on the right switches his thoughts from goalscoring to chance creation. Having that front 5 almost should bring loads of dynamism and speed to a QPR backline missing its best player in Clarke-Salter. This has meant they’ve moved Jimmy Dunne from right back to centre back which detriments their right side on both sides of the ball. Let CBT have a go at Santos who’s struggled to impress and will be tired after playing 90 minutes midweek. 

I think we will win this one 1-0 or 2-1 and hopefully Yates can get a goal.

Travelling up from Lowestoft for this one, been to the baseball ground a few times but my first visit to pride park, not expecting too much results wise as bar two half’s against Sheffield United and Luton we’ve not actually been very good.

started off like a train against Hull,loads of shots but can’t hit a barn door at the moment.

Will be optimistically happy with a draw but can’t see it to be honest.

Edited by Bobby
Spelling

19 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Zetterstrom

Wilson   Nelson   Cashin   Forsyth

Adams
Goudmijn                         
             Harness

Jackson   Yates   Mendez-Laing

Subs: Vickers, Phillips, Nyambe, Osborn, Ward, Chirewa, Blackett-Taylor, Collins, Brown

I'd been struggling to think of how we should line up come saturday but that looks reasonable to me. I have a feeling though that Osborn won't be dropped.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Zetterstrom

Adams
Goudmijn                         
             Harness

Subs: Vickers, Phillips, Nyambe, Osborn, Ward, Chirewa, Blackett-Taylor, Collins, Brown

Don’t think Wilson is a full back and Harness is better out wide 👻

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Zetterstrom

Adams
Goudmijn                         
             Harness

Id go with pretty much this. Although I'd have CBT instead of NML (especially with Fozzy behind him) 

But I think PW will have Osborne instead of Harness and the you're about right. 

5 hours ago, Bobby said:

Travelling up from Lowestoft for this one, been to the baseball ground a few times but my first visit to pride park, not expecting too much results wise as bar two half’s against Sheffield United and Luton we’ve not actually been very good.

started off like a train against Hull,loads of shots but can’t hit a barn door at the moment.

Will be optimistically happy with a draw but can’t see it to be honest.

we will see

Edited by blue texel ram
mistake

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Don’t think Wilson is a full back and Harness is better out wide 👻

Wilson's played plenty of games at RB in his career. If we can't put an attacking right back in against a side who're 3rd bottom with the 3rd worst defence then we need to find a club to sell both him and Ward to in January.

Harness has spent most of his career out wide, but he's comfortable anywhere in the '3' behind the CF. At Ipswich, he played at Am a fraction more than he did on the wing. Since I feel we'd benefit most from having an AM close to Yates, Harness is the best match. It also allows Mendez-Laing and Jackson to stay wide where they're most effective.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wilson's played plenty of games at RB in his career. If we can't put an attacking right back in against a side who're 3rd bottom with the 3rd worst defence then we need to find a club to sell both him and Ward to in January.

Harness has spent most of his career out wide, but he's comfortable anywhere in the '3' behind the CF. At Ipswich, he played at Am a fraction more than he did on the wing. Since I feel we'd benefit most from having an AM close to Yates, Harness is the best match. It also allows Mendez-Laing and Jackson to stay wide where they're most effective.

From the very little I've seen of Harness and Chirewa I'd rather see Chirewa as an AM. But then I'd have NML wide right and CBT left, so what do I know. 😄

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Think we should play players in their best positions, some will unfortunately miss out.

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

From the very little I've seen of Harness and Chirewa I'd rather see Chirewa as an AM. But then I'd have NML wide right and CBT left, so what do I know. 😄

If Blackett-Taylor doubled his defensive actions, he'd be our best winger. Out of all our wingers he's miles ahead for attacking actions, in particular dribbles at shots. However, in Warne's setup, the defensive side is more important.
Jackson and Mendez-Laing remain our best defensive wingers, with Barkhuizen in 3rd and very little seperating Chirewa and Harness in 4th and 5th.
Harness creates the 3rd most chances out of these AM/W options, behind Barkhuizen and Mendez-Laing. Chirewa is yet to register a single key pass. This is the main reason with me going with Harness in the middle. He's also the worst dribbler, so I'd prefer the others out on the wing.

In summary, Mendez-Laing is our best all round winger, Jackson is our best defensive winger and Blackett-Taylor is our best attacking winger. Those are 3 of my 4 in every matchday squad. Harness would be my AM in games were we play with one. That leaves Chirewa and Barkhuizen battling it out as the 4th choice winger. There's not much in it between the two, but with a bit more experience Chirewa should be the better option (his end product needs improving)

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Chirewa is yet to register a single key pass. This is the main reason with me going with Harness in the middle. He's also the worst dribbler, so I'd prefer the others out on the wing.

Chicken and egg, init. 🙂 Got to give him the opportunity. But you're probably nearer to thinking like Warne.  #coyr

Edited by RoyMac5

JWZ

Nyambe Nels Cash Foz

Adams Kenzo Osborn

NML Yates CBT

Subs Vickers, Philips, Bradley, Wilson, Ward, Harness, Jackson, Collo, Brown. 

Start NML in his preferred slot and if he’s not on it/gassed swap for Jacko at half.time. Let CBT build on some bright moments in the last couple of games and swap for Harness if/when he blows. 

1 hour ago, Comrade 86 said:

@Eoghan1884 why are you doing another match thread? First you booted @Animal is a Ram off the job while he was still on a no-loss streak and now we have you instead, we've not won a game since. 

tenor(16).gif.daed0d0dbbf25fe9bec3ed5358dd1242.gif

#BOOTEOGHAN

#JUSTICE4ANIMAL

It’s seems @Animal is a Ram retired and I actually made the Cardiff one which we one, @jono made the Norwich one which means he definitely isn’t allowed to make another one. I did make the Sunderland one mind. I’ve never started a home match thread where we haven’t won 👀 

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Sounds like QPR are relegation fodder doesn’t it ? They are in the bottom three but our form since the Ozoh injury has been poor and if they win at PP they will be above us . Warne has to come up with a new way of defending without the Palace DM. 

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If Blackett-Taylor doubled his defensive actions, he'd be our best winger. Out of all our wingers he's miles ahead for attacking actions, in particular dribbles at shots. However, in Warne's setup, the defensive side is more important.
Jackson and Mendez-Laing remain our best defensive wingers, with Barkhuizen in 3rd and very little seperating Chirewa and Harness in 4th and 5th.
Harness creates the 3rd most chances out of these AM/W options, behind Barkhuizen and Mendez-Laing. Chirewa is yet to register a single key pass. This is the main reason with me going with Harness in the middle. He's also the worst dribbler, so I'd prefer the others out on the wing.

In summary, Mendez-Laing is our best all round winger, Jackson is our best defensive winger and Blackett-Taylor is our best attacking winger. Those are 3 of my 4 in every matchday squad. Harness would be my AM in games were we play with one. That leaves Chirewa and Barkhuizen battling it out as the 4th choice winger. There's not much in it between the two, but with a bit more experience Chirewa should be the better option (his end product needs improving)

I'm curious as to why you think that ? Because of having a more unified press ? 

3 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

It’s seems @Animal is a Ram retired and I actually made the Cardiff one which we one, @jono made the Norwich one which means he definitely isn’t allowed to make another one. I did make the Sunderland one mind. I’ve never started a home match thread where we haven’t won 👀 

I was joking but if @jono can't do a second thread, why are you doing another after the Sheffield and Sunderland losses? I don't recall @Animal is a Ramretiring either, just you deciding he should.