Nat Phillips - Signed on season long loan

Rugby Ram

36 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Agree, but were's the money from if: "Phillips has been cleared to undergo a medical at Pride Park with the defender currently not in the plans of new boss Arne Slot. Liverpool had turned down a £4m offer from Trabzonspor earlier in the window because it did not meet their £10m valuation." they wanted £10m?

They want him in the shop window I guess. Take a hit on wages to get nearer the £10m mark next summer. Knows he can cut it in this league and will play all season for us (and get plenty of opportunities to impress.)_

I'm almost tempted to put money on him being our leading scorer too.

Feeling Tomori vibes. Can we get Mount '24 and Wilson '24 over the line too? Who needs strikers.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

I don't want to sound negative, but that video didn't show him using any pace nor any creative passing or carrying the ball forward. That's not to say that he doesn't have those attributes, but we could do with someone with those capabilities.

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

I don't want to sound negative, but that video didn't show him using any pace nor any creative passing or carrying the ball forward. That's not to say that he doesn't have those attributes, but we could do with someone with those capabilities.

He has those capabilities. 

8 minutes ago, ram59 said:

You dont play for Liverpool in the premiership and champions league if you don't have those capabilities. You might get the odd game in reserves cup at home to a league 1 or championship team but no more. Liverpool fans rate him and Cardiff fans are raving about him on twitter. I trust that more than a 4 minute YouTube clip designed to show how good he is in the air and nothing else.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

He's gonna play for Derby, non of that matters Hoooooooooof 😆

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

I think his skillset is better suited to the central CB role, but there's not much in it between Nelson and Phillips in terms of which way round they should be in a back 3.

I wouldn't describe him as fast, but he isn't slow either. He has a good range of passing, which is important in how Warne wants to set us up. Ideally, the sided CB should be better at dribbling up the pitch with the ball.

He excels in the two most important parts of being a defender - winning aerial duels, and winning ground duels. You'd struggle to find many players better in the Championship.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think his skillset is better suited to the central CB role, but there's not much in it between Nelson and Phillips in terms of which way round they should be in a back 3.

I wouldn't describe him as fast, but he isn't slow either. He has a good range of passing, which is important in how Warne wants to set us up. Ideally, the sided CB should be better at dribbling up the pitch with the ball.

He excels in the two most important parts of being a defender - winning aerial duels, and winning ground duels. You'd struggle to find many players better in the Championship.

The highlights reel shows a couple of good tackles in the full back area, so may be familiar with a right sided berth.

That said, after the past few games I'd like someone with more positional sense/awareness in the middle to cut some of the silly errors out.

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

My fanatical Liverpool supporting mate says he has absolutely no pace but is solid and easily good enough for the Championship. 

3 hours ago, Rample said:

They want him in the shop window I guess. Take a hit on wages to get nearer the £10m mark next summer. Knows he can cut it in this league and will play all season for us (and get plenty of opportunities to impress.)_

I'm almost tempted to put money on him being our leading scorer too.

Feeling Tomori vibes. Can we get Mount '24 and Wilson '24 over the line too? Who needs strikers.

Contract up in the summer apparently, cannot imagine they have an option to extend that can be activated if they loan him for the season.