Daniel Jebbison

BWRam

I reckon there are a number of players with loads of offers and are waiting to see where things start fitting in to place closer to the end of the window before they decide. Frustrating but we aren't big players in this league financially anymore.

1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

I reckon there are a number of players with loads of offers and are waiting to see where things start fitting in to place closer to the end of the window before they decide. Frustrating but we aren't big players in this league financially anymore.

Which is why we needed to be clever in this market and not stick our fishing rod in the same pond as everyone else.

We have scouted across Europe, apparently, but yet seem to be in with a group of clubs in a better position than us, including Oxford it seems, hoping to get the same loan players as everyone else from Prem clubs.

The approach to this window is making very little sense, what would have happened had Kellyman, Delap, Bogle not been sold? What would we have done then? Just relied on loans at the end of the window?

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Which is why we needed to be clever in this market and not stick our fishing rod in the same pond as everyone else.

We have scouted across Europe, apparently, but yet seem to be in with a group of clubs in a better position than us, including Oxford it seems, hoping to get the same loan players as everyone else from Prem clubs.

The approach to this window is making very little sense, what would have happened had Kellyman, Delap, Bogle not been sold? What would we have done then? Just relied on loans at the end of the window?

If they hadn’t been sold we would have Kellyman, Delap and Bogle in our squad 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think we would be in the exact position we are now, with an pretty weak first team squad, full of older, journeyman players, cast offs, players probable last contract, with the odd cheap gamble. We have a history of not giving Academy players the opportunity to see if they are good enough over a decent run of games. It always puzzled me that we give Academy players 1/2 yr professional contracts and then they aren’t given a chance to transition in to 1st team squad and then they get released or sold in for a pittance - Surely we should be better at predicting players development through to the first team squad from having them in our Academy from when they were very young kids ? 

4 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

I think we would be in the exact position we are now, with an pretty weak first team squad, full of older, journeyman players, cast offs, players probable last contract, with the odd cheap gamble. We have a history of not giving Academy players the opportunity to see if they are good enough over a decent run of games. It always puzzled me that we give Academy players 1/2 yr professional contracts and then they aren’t given a chance to transition in to 1st team squad and then they get released or sold in for a pittance - Surely we should be better at predicting players development through to the first team squad from having them in our Academy from when they were very young kids ? 

To be fair, you don’t have to go too far back to when we were giving our young Academy players plenty of first team action, and many of them did really well. You don’t have to go too far back to see when that stopped.

Was a terrific prospect, and certainly worth a closer look if we are genuinely interested.
If someone can unlock his potential then he’d be class in the Championship in my opinion 
Bournemouth seem to have him back on track and I wouldn’t hesitate to take him.

Cheers 

Gamgway D from the Terrace. 

14 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

Bogle, ebiowi, ebosele, bird, plange, sibley, Cashin, Thompson, Whitaker, Lowe, Buchanan, knight, Stretton to name a few in the last 4-5 years

I’ll give you Lowe, Buchanan, and just about Sibley, but Bird, Knight, Bogle etc was a long time back. You can ring fence most of those youngsters to the specific period of when we were under a ‘Transfer Embargo’ - had we not been under embargo, they’d been nowhere near the first XI,,,,,, we were that desperate we’d have put the U15’s in the side 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

To be fair, you don’t have to go too far back to when we were giving our young Academy players plenty of first team action, and many of them did really well. You don’t have to go too far back to see when that stopped.

The level of our academy players is far lower than it was about 3 or 4 years ago, our u21 team were regularly competing at the top of the Premier 2 division, even playing in europe. Since then the team has been devastated, losing virtually all of the top talent, in some cases for next to nothing.

Our u21 team is having to start from scratch and it will take some time, if at all, to get back to where it once was. Our recent group of players in the u21's could barely register a win throughout the season, which doesn't fill you with confidence that many will be able to step up to Championship football just yet.

Administration effectively relegated us, but the damage to our academy is arguably more devastating and will take a lot longer to fix.

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Well it stopped when the administrators sold them all.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

The level of our academy players is far lower than it was about 3 or 4 years ago, our u21 team were regularly competing at the top of the Premier 2 division, even playing in europe. Since then the team has been devastated, losing virtually all of the top talent, in some cases for next to nothing.

Our u21 team is having to start from scratch and it will take some time, if at all, to get back to where it once was. Our recent group of players in the u21's could barely register a win throughout the season, which doesn't fill you with confidence that many will be able to step up to Championship football just yet.

Administration effectively relegated us, but the damage to our academy is arguably more devastating and will take a lot longer to fix.

The U21s (or U23s) have never played in Europe and the highest placed finish was 4th in 19/20 - 27 points from 18 games. Our only other top half finish was the following season.

The U18s won the title in 18/19, which allowed them to compete as an U19 side the following season. They also finished 4th last season, equalling our 2nd best ever season in the current format (starting from 15/16).

The U18s have been back at a pre-admin standard since the start of lsat season. The U21s aren't far off where we'd be if not for the admin period. The only players within the relevant age groups who would be in our starting lineup now are: Kellyman, Gordon and Scanlon... 2 of those would have been in the first team or sold on by now anyway. Ebiowei was the only other player from thsoe age froups, but he was already a regular in the first team when he chose to move clubs too.

14 minutes ago, FKANorwichExile said:

I think he'd get a hatfull here, but I'd be very surprised if they loaned him to us. Wasn't Osula recalled because they'd expected him to feature more heavily? I doubt we're top of their Christmas card list.

They still got £15m for him somehow! That’s genuinely one of the craziest transfers have ever seen

His touch was poor, just didn’t look close to league one level. Think he played as much as deserved to be honest.

jebbison has joined Bournemouth now, they’re looking to loan out