Vs Chesterfield (H) Match Thread

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Because we looked so vulnerable defensively on Friday night. With Fozzy providing more cover, our wing backs can play more to their strengths offensively.

I think the reason we looked so vulnerable was because neither Elder or Wilson are full backs, we know this, coupled with Cash having a bit of a mare. 

5 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I think the reason we looked so vulnerable was because neither Elder or Wilson are full backs, we know this, coupled with Cash having a bit of a mare. 

Exactly, they are more suited to being wing backs hence my suggestion.

26 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'd argue we shouldn't be mucking about too much with the team in this match. If Warne has an idea of who his best XI is then he should be playing them together as much as possible at the minute. It's obvious we lack understanding as a squad, we wont build that by chopping and changing every match.

I agree with this. Not sure why a squad who have played one competitive match needs freshening up?

I’d go 

Vickers 

Nyambe Nelson Cash Elder

Adams Fornah Thompson 

Wilson Brown Jackson 

Thompson deserves minutes, think Fornah has done enough in his cameos to earn minutes too, if you don’t play Brown against a league 2 team then are you really telling us he’s ready for a league 1 loan? And I’d rest NML because again whilst he’s explosive in moments he looks shattered  by the second half. 

I think unfortunately for Bradley and the 3rd choice keeper we need to keep the back 5 as close as possible to what will play against Boro because they need to improve on Friday in terms of how they work together. 

15 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Pretty sure the team were boo'd off in this game (Carabao Cup 1st round) last season after a dreadful performance vs Blackpool

They were bood during the first half when they went for around 3 minutes chasing shadows while Blackpool zipped the ball around. 

The above is if we are making changes. 

I commented earlier to suggest I’d keep the side as close to what we’ll use against boro as possible. 

Vickers 

Nyambe Nelson Cash Elder

Ozoh Osborn

Kenzo

Barkhuizen Collins Jackson 

The only key changes being Nyambe for Wilson as I think he’s a better defender and we need more defensive solidity against Boro and Collins in because we need an actual striker playing for us. 

NML out because as mentioned above I don’t think he’s got the fitness levels for 3 in a week. 

55 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Any more vulnerable than when we got dicked 4-0 by these at their place 3 weeks ago? 

Well, that was a friendly. Fozzy will add some calmness and composure. No system has really worked so far has it?We conceded 4 at Barnsley playing a back 4 and 4 at Blackburn didn’t we 🤔

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Nice interview with Collins ahead of what could be his 100th appearance for the Rams. This might suggest he will be preferred over Brown. 

I always think Collo talks good sense, even though I think his opportunities will be limited this season overall. 

Don't get the point in starting him over Brown. We know what and who he is, we need to see what Brown is playing with our players.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Exactly, they are more suited to being wing backs hence my suggestion.

This is why we switched to a 5 last season. When Nyambe got injured, Ward and Wilson are not out and out full backs. So we switched to a 5. 

I would have Wilson ahead of Barkhuizen in as a winger to be honest.

My issue with playing 5 now is not because of the back 4. Its the attacking players.

Playing NML up top is not an option for me at all. He doesn't want to play there and it is a square peg in a round hole. So when we get another striker in a 532 would be an option, say with Woodrow and Yates up front. Woodrow/Jackson etc.

If we play a 532 I dont think there is a place in the team for NML. Which I don't think is a bad thing, I don't think we should be relying on him as much this season anyway.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Don't get the point in starting him over Brown. We know what and who he is, we need to see what Brown is playing with our players.

I agree, Srg, but I'm not picking the side. 

Some consolation that we will be playing with a centre-forward, though!

Would be good if we could get a decent turn out for these kind of games like 12k + always think a 6k turnout for these games is abit  pathetic really when it only costs a fiver. I know not everyone lives in Derby but still think 6k is rubbish.

Club should make it kids go free for these games to get potential new fans in for the future who otherwise wouldnt have come to a game. Having a higher turnout would be good for the younger players given a game too.

Edited by Marriot Ram99

10 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Would be good if we could get a decent turn out for these kind of games like 12k + always think a 6k turnout for these games is abit  pathetic really when it only costs a fiver. I know not everyone lives in Derby but still think 6k is rubbish.

Club should make it kids go free for these games to get potential new fans in for the future who otherwise wouldnt have come to a game. Having a higher turnout would be good for the younger players given a game too.

We can’t sell 12k with only one stand open.

39 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

We can’t sell 12k with only one stand open.

Ofc not . Which is part of my point itself.  The club has an attiude of nobody will be asssed for the cup which is wrong imo which feeds into that when they could try and offer incentives to bring kids in + give back abit and do half priced drinks for season ticket holders or similar as it wont exactly hit profits and will get more tickets bought by people  undecided. Give season ticket holders free entry if neccessary again that wouldnt hit profits much as more would be spent on food ect. and as it is the attiude is its like a glorified friendly which is wrong. I do think the club are very poor on that side of things tbh like marketing retail and catering ect.

Looking at it the club need to not see fans as loyal paying customers they can fleece but as people who have chosen to have an evening of entertainment that way they can look to attract new people going who arent really football fans but go and see a game or two. That in turn will make it abit more prawn sandwich like for some  but if we can get more money in and use it to buy better players and grow the club I am not fussed. These cup games you see people going who dont usually go so its a chance to get people hooked idk how the club dont see that.

Edited by Marriot Ram99