Vs Chesterfield (H) Match Thread

25 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Surely not even Derby fans will boo the team after only a couple of games. I think we have to experiment to find the right formula. Osborn LB or LWB and Daj starting as a central striker (it took starts for him to have his impact at Gateshead). Worth shaking it up and just seeing if the answers are right in front of us.

Pretty sure the team were boo'd off in this game (Carabao Cup 1st round) last season after a dreadful performance vs Blackpool

Warne said post match on Friday that he will be using this game to freshen up the team & said he will be making changes. He will probably use it more of a preseason game for fringe players & hope we get through to the next round.

It will be good to give minutes to Nyambe, Bradley, Fozzy, Fornah, Thompson, Collins & Brown. Hopefully CBT, Ward & Washington make the bench too so we can give them some minutes as well.

1 hour ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Totally agree with this. We need a win, a much changed team and a loss puts pressure on for Sat as 3 loses in the first week of the season doesn’t help anyone. We played Friday so an extra day than the usual Sat/Tues. Field our strongest 11 and go for the win. I would like a proper striker though so Collins or Brown in for me. 

If I remember correctly we were booed off at half time or full time for the first 6 home games last season. 

Even when we won two and drew one of them.

I think you’re confusing what happens on here with what happens at the ground.

37 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Pretty sure the team were boo'd off in this game (Carabao Cup 1st round) last season after a dreadful performance vs Blackpool

Yep, it was a dreadful performance, can't remember any major booing at the end of the game.

11 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Yep, it was a dreadful performance, can't remember any major booing at the end of the game.

I personally think it was our worst performance of the season, one that we never remotely looked like we would compete in.

There were a few boos from people that think that is the automatic reaction to a defeat, regardless.

47 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Even when we won two and drew one of them.

I think you’re confusing what happens on here with what happens at the ground.

Yes there were definitely boos for the first games at home either half time or full time. 

Brown has to start in this one, firstly with Championship survival being number one priority (hence the importance of the result) and secondly with Chesterfield being the level we would be expecting Brown to prove himself against after last season...it is a no brainer that this is his game...isn't it?

17 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Yes there were definitely boos for the first games at home either half time or full time. 

If you look on trip advisor at the best restaurants or the best hotels or whatever, there will always be someone that says it was shyte.

19 minutes ago, Viking Wolf said:

I'm excited for the game as I'm actually going. Living on the Isle of Wight I don't get to go to many games.

That’s a helluva journey for you - Why did you choose this game? I would have chosen Portsmouth away! 😀

17 minutes ago, Bessie1 said:

That’s a helluva journey for you - Why did you choose this game? I would have chosen Portsmouth away! 😀

I'm staying in Buxton for the week so I took the opportunity to go to a game while I'm up here. I will go to Portsmouth away too.

1 hour ago, ollycutts1982 said:

You couldn't hear any boos while stood in the South Stand. Perhaps we were too busy getting behind the team?

6 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Vickers   

Nelson  Cashin   Fozzy

Wilson  Ozoh  Goudy  Adams   Elder

NML    Jackson

Like this but would prefer barks for elder 

Vickers

Nyambe      Nelson      Bradley       Forsyth

Thompson        Adams

Wilson               Guidmijn              CBT

Brown

(Luthra, Ward, Cashin, Osborn, Fornah, D. Robinson, NML, Jackson, Collins)

13 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Vickers   

Nelson  Cashin   Fozzy

Wilson  Ozoh  Goudy  Adams   Elder

NML    Jackson

This is the formation/set up that made us look so bad in pre season it was abandoned two matches before the end of pre season. 

Why do you favour us using it tomorrow? 

25 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

This is the formation/set up that made us look so bad in pre season it was abandoned two matches before the end of pre season. 

Why do you favour us using it tomorrow? 

Because we looked so vulnerable defensively on Friday night. With Fozzy providing more cover, our wing backs can play more to their strengths offensively.

I'd argue we shouldn't be mucking about too much with the team in this match. If Warne has an idea of who his best XI is then he should be playing them together as much as possible at the minute. It's obvious we lack understanding as a squad, we wont build that by chopping and changing every match.