v Blackburn (A) Match Thread

Day

We're finding out very quickly that we have to be at it every minute in this league. The lack of a focal point up top is showing as we can't make the ball stick atm. Some promising signs but I would be more than happy with a point here.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

That would explain why you could hardly wait for sacking I guess.

Absolutely. You're all welcome to disagree with me, but I desperately want my club to stay where they belong in the championship. Warne is the man for the job. I will happily eat my words if I am incorrect.

Nice guy, but I do not like what I've seen so far. It's pretty negligent to go in without a legitimate striker and a legitimate goaltender.

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

We need to calm down and get back to basics for this match, I don’t think it’s anywhere near as bad as some do.

We look like a team that hasn’t gelled yet, is playing with nerves and is missing a couple of key players. 
Patience proved prudent last season and I’m willing to give it more than one half of football this season before having a panic. Marathon not a sprint and all that.

Just interested in who the key players are that we are missing or haven’t we signed them yet?

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Great. Let’s write him off after 45 minutes.

It's OK to be critical of players even after only 45 minutes. Can you stop with this nonsense?

Just now, Nyderby said:

Absolutely. You're all welcome to disagree with me, but I desperately want my club to stay where they belong in the championship. Warne is the man for the job. I will happily eat my words if I am incorrect.

Nice guy, but I do not like what I've seen so far. It's pretty negligent to go in without a legitimate striker and a legitimate goaltender.

No…one step at a time of course…. But….. Where we belong is the Prem…. Hate it when folks say we belong just in the Champ..

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

We look like a team who tactically don’t know what to do tbh 

I partly disagree, there have been some nearly moments with Kenzo looking bright, Wilson getting in down the right, NML has got into a couple of good positions out wide, Jackson’s pace on the counter being a threat…. But the final ball is lacking and there’s a weird nervousness, like a lack of conviction. 
The ease with which Travis strolled through our midfield leading to the goal was poor, I guess going with a more solid 4-5-1 instead of a 4-3-3 in order to stifle the game initially may have been sensible. 
We’re not out of it… yet 

2 minutes ago, Day said:

Well my run of starting the match day threads was nice whilst it lasted. Who’s up next?

I'll do it as long as I have carte blanche to ban anyone making gratuitously negative posts on it 

Edited by Tyler Durden

I think - with a level head - neither team could whinge if that half had ended 0-0. 

One bit of play where Ozoh’s inexperience let their player waltz pass him before a fortunate bounce put the ball in front of their only other player in the box. 

We looked overwhelmed at first but grew into it. Without their goal we’d probably have continued to grow into it. 

It’s clear that the biggest difference between L1 and Champ is that you get punished much more regularly. 

I think Cashin has had some shakey moments and I think NML has looked poor in terms of his final product. 

I think we should be playing Collins as it’s clear Jackson looks lots more dangerous off a centre forward than playing that role himself. 

7 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Jackson is not a striker I’d put Collins on and move Jackson out wide 

I wouldn’t mind a stricker like the one playing up top for Blackburn. Their recruitment team seem to have their homework getting him from relegated side in Belgium. 2M+ might be out of our price range may be.

2 minutes ago, Nyderby said:

How often did Vickers let us down last season? 

As expected really. We don’t look absolutely terrible, but we lack quality in both boxes which will be terminal in the Championship. Don’t really look like taking the chances we do get, and we look error prone whenever they come forward. We need further recruitment desperately because this team finishes bottom as it stands.

In terms of the match today, Ozoh has had a shocking 45 mins - though hasn’t been helped by the ref who hasn’t allowed any physicality in the game. Goudmijn has looked a class above everyone else in our side. I’d get Collins for Barkhuizen to at least give us some hope of a goal, and shift Jackson wide.