Who would you get rid of?

I’ve been thinking about who we might let go or who we should let go to trim the squad and to raise money.

These are mine:

Vickers - Sell 

CBT - loan hasn’t worked out here at all and I think he’s not really a Warne-player 

Washington - Sell /loan - just isn’t really up to it maybe in league 1/2 certainly not the championship.

Bradley - sell I’d happily get rid if his wages were high.

Robinson - loan 

Brown - loan but I’d like to see him off the bench a dozen times before just in case he might be a useful addition to the squad. 

Ward - loan / sell - brilliant cross but again like so many so unreliable due to injuries.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

9 minutes ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

I’ve been thinking about who we might let go or who we should let go to trim the squad and to raise money.

These are mine:

Vickers - Sell 

CBT - loan hasn’t worked out here at all and I think he’s not really a Warne-player 

Washington - Sell /loan - just isn’t really up to it maybe in league 1/2 certainly not the championship.

Robinson - loan 

Brown - loan but I’d like to see him off the bench a dozen times before just in case he might be a useful addition to the squad. 

Ward - loan / sell - brilliant cross but again like so many so unreliable due to injuries.

Pretty similar TBH. I might keep Bradley, more as an attacking option like we did last season when we recognised there were opportunities at set pieces.

I know he’s popular because he’s local but I’d let Thompson go. He didn’t shine in League One so there’s no reason to believe he’ll be good enough for the Championship.

9 minutes ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

These are mine:

Vickers - Sell 

Robinson - loan 

I know he’s not had a Stella preseason (but not quite as bad as some seem to think), who has? but some seem to have quickly forgotten how Vickers didn’t let us down last season and was a tad unlucky (according to my fading memory) to lose his place to Wildsmith.

I don’t remember seeing CBT play for Charlton but I feel there must be a decent player in there somewhere. Maybe this will be his season if he can get/stay fit. Same with Ward to an extent. If he can reproduce the form he had prior to his injury then he could be an asset worth keeping.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I know he’s not had a Stella preseason (but not quite as bad as some seem to think), who has? but some seem to have quickly forgotten how Vickers didn’t let us down last season and was a tad unlucky (according to my fading memory) to lose his place to Wildsmith.

I don’t remember seeing CBT play for Charlton but I feel there must be a decent player in there somewhere. Maybe this will be his season if he can get/stay fit. Same with Ward to an extent. If he can reproduce the form he had prior to his injury then he could be an asset worth keeping.

He might have had a Stella preseason after all

200w (2).gif

4 hours ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

These are mine:

Vickers - Sell 

Robinson - loan 

CBT is ours. I would keep Ward and don’t think we can sell our only GK.

9 hours ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

Vickers - Sell 

The only senior GK we have. Unless we sign 2 GKs, he isn't going anywhere. He's a good person to keep around the squad too, so I'd even keep him on as 3rd GK

One of 4 wingers. As it appeared Barkhuizen was in the plans for this season prior to activating his extension, I wouldn't be making a decision on Blackett-Taylor until January. If he doesn't get over ilhis injury issues and regain some form, he'll be going to L1.

I'm not sure where he fits in to the likely systems this season. I'd like to free up his wages to get better players in, but I think his injuries will put most clubs off. He'll probably see most of the season in the U21s and do some 'on field coaching'.

No chance. At the very least, he's a good option to bring off the bench to help see games out or nick a goal from a corner. As things stand, he's a likely contender to start against Blackburn.

Robinson - loan 

Both need to go out on loan. Brown won't get the game time he needs to continue his development. A few goals in L1 and he could be bursting with confidence and ready for a January recall.

He'll be a good option when we inevitably switch back to a back 3 - If Wilson was unavailable, I'd rather have Ward at RWB over Nyambe.

13 hours ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

These are mine:

Vickers - Sell 

Robinson - loan 

So assuming we still want to bring in at least 4 new players maybe more where are we going to be with no goalie or back up centre half i agree Robinson out on loan and lose Washington and fornah. what about injuries.

These are mine:

Vickers - Sell 

Robinson - loan 

Assuming of course, there are clubs out there interested enough/with the financial means to make us an offer?

These are mine:

Vickers - Sell 

Robinson - loan 

I agree on CBT, Washington and Bradley. If we could offload it would be great. Wouldn't have any objections to Vickers as reserve keeper, considering the clubs budget limitations. Ward is probably the best ball player at the club. Pity he's plagued with injuries, don't suppose there would be many clubs biting our hand off....

Washington - decent player in there and was finding form last season before injury but can't see him making an impact now and better to let him finish his career playing first team football. 

CBT - the jury is still out, we signed him based on something but just hasn't clicked (yet). Has to get fit and stake a claim or loan in Jan I suspect. 

Brown and Robinson likely to go out in loan when we've added a few more players to the squad. Maybe Thompson too but the way we press you'd expect him to have a first team squad role at some point through injury or tactical choices.

Everyone else I would keep, they'll all play a part and have something to offer in a long old season. 

Last season was a strong case for having a unified squad with limited egos all contributing to the end goal. Even players on the fringes will contribute and win us points at different times I expect. That's the (new) Derby Way.